Poll: Numbering of the next Hitman game

I know many people would prefer to have a subtitle. But if you have to call it in numbers, how would you call it?

The next Hitman game should be called…
  • HITMAN 4
  • Hitman 9

0 voters

Well, it could be called both ways, but pick the one you most prefer.

Note:

• The purpose of the topic is not to draw a conclusion.
  • I originally wrote a not-much-long assay as the opening post, but I accidentally discarded the draft…
2 Likes

In my opinion, neither. It won’t (presumably) be part 4 of the current trilogy, and the last one wasn’t Hitman 8 either. It should be called something appropriate to whatever it is, like Hitman: Rebirth or something.

14 Likes

Codename 47 HD Remaster has a wonderful ring to it, don’t you think?

16 Likes

No number. Just an actual title like the first 5 games.

8 Likes

The poll is for the numbering(Hitman “4”: Blood Money), not the title. The more accurate question is, “How would you call it if you have to call it in numbers?”

I can understand if your opinion is that you refuse to number it. I considered an “It should not be numbered/I don’t care” option but felt it would be a “middle” option and would have too many votes.

I better edit the OP to clarify.

2 Likes

I knew what you were getting at, but my honest opinion was that no number was appropriate so I didn’t vote at all.

We have only 3 titles that have a number identifying which game in sequence they are. There is Hitman 2: Silent Assassin, Hitman 2 (2018) and Hitman 3. None of the other Hitman games have a numbered designation. There is no Hitman 4, 5, 6, 7, or 8. Therefore, I cannot vote for either 4 or 9 as neither would be appropriate.

Sorry if that derails your thread, but it’s honest.

6 Likes

Understood. I voted Hitman 9, but with a title. Factually speaking it would be the 9th game in the main series. Naming it H4 would mean it expands on the trilogy’s story, which (hopefully) wouldn’t be the case.

4 Likes

The next Hitman game is currently called “Project 007”. :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

Both sound ridiculous tbh. A subtitle would be a must imho. I’d personally prefer some catchy name with no big relevance to the plot of the game, just like Contracts and Blood Money were.

6 Likes

And for the love of Jeebus, please none of the clichéd Videogame Subtitle Words…

Origins
Requiem
Evolution
Awakening
Redemption

etc etc ad infinitum

6 Likes

You forgot ‘Absolution’… oh wait.

2 Likes

I’m surprised we haven’t seen a game called “revelations” considering all of the religious themes in earlier Hitman games

Hitman: Reloaded
Hitman: World of Assassination - Part 2
Hitman: Disconnected
Hitman: Jar of Jam
Hitman 10: There is no 9

1 Like

I just realised Hitman 4 and Hitman 9 don’t sound right no matter how you put it, i’d want a subtitle underneath eg like Hitman contracts

1 Like

HITMAN 4: The 9th One

7 Likes

Hitman 4 Silent Contracts Blood Absolution 2

2 Likes

C47, H2SA, Contracts and Blood money in 1 remastered bundle. Epic

2 Likes

I strongly hope that I’ll never live to see HITM4N

5 Likes

HITM4NIA: 47 Ways to Die

2 Likes