Possible fix for PC users who cant get online

And it’s (lights) out for me again - was also doing dartmoor got some achievements and 2 exits than it’s back to square one again

I don’t understand how this would even be a solution?
What would redownloading the same exact base (unchanging) game files actually do?
And since there is a great amount of time between checking if you can connect, of course there is a chance the error would be fixed on their end the next time you were able to check.

(BTW these questions aren’t directed at you. Just questioning the logic of the solution.)

Understood that it was a generic comment - but I think it - like any of the ‘known’ fixes, just triggers something that ‘we’ (the play) send over HTTPS to profile.hitman.com (or whatever) to be valid instead of invalid. So if we tinker the ‘right’ thing (whatever it is, seems to defer for every player) we can get it working, until we hit something else (achievement, unlock, etc.) and then it staggers again.

My guess would be it’s something between our ‘state’ (locally on the PC or console) that needs validation from the server (i.e. an unlock/achievement/shortcut/etc.) and those two things don’t add up on the next sync (either start of the game, or saving game state or connectivity in between). Apparently ‘configuration’ (and/or saved-state) is something that happens after we ‘press X to continue’, look up contracts, start the game, hit an autosave or finish a level.

So yeah, we are aligned in where we think the problem lies. It’s difficult to say why sometimes things help, but I never intended trying the ‘lets DL 55gb’ for good measures. I’d love to start grinding and get everything unlocked as I do usually, but I can wait it out :slight_smile:

OMG!!! This actually worked for me too!. I Wasn’t able to get connected to the Hitman server all day long and kinda went desparate and in a really bad mood because of it and mostly because i concluded IOI really screwed this on up (again). But after deleting the mentioned directory it instantly worked as it should. Thank you soo much Eboogyman!.. They should hire you at IOI! :slight_smile:

-EDIT
Okay… i could play for about an hour, then suddenly i got disconected from the server and aren’t able to reconnect… again. I just can’t believe IO screwed this up so badly. First the Cyberpunk drama, now this.
It really is dissapointing to learn how badly the big Studios have their shit not together… shame on you IO!

1 Like

Wait, I got it to work, but instead of following everything you said with that particular folder, I copied and then deleted the entire IO Interactive folder instead of that particular sub-folder.

1 Like

I just encountered this problem after playing up until today from launch.

The Op’s solution unfortunately did not work for me, however as I made a backup of the files as suggested, when I did attempt to connect again, after restoring the files it advised me that there was a cloud sync conflict between my current files and the files they had in the cloud - these of course were from me trying to connect with the files removed - I basically said to upload the original files into the cloud and use those and it worked.

This meant all my saves were there etc. so I didn’t lose anything at all.

This was after rebooting my pc and logging out of my epic account and logging back in again as well.

Why it should have happened in the first place I’ve no idea of course!

No fix in this thread works for me. I’ve been having this issue for 37 hours now with no end in sight.

Also, my folder doesn’t have the same name as the one in the OP. Mine is “44da802d9ef44abfa0dd615c6f828a69”. Is it randomly generated, or different for each system for some reason?

This is easily the worst video game launch I’ve ever been a part of, and I’m including Mass Effect: Andromeda (I don’t have Cyberpunk so I can’t testify on that.)

Tried it and instead of the failed to fetch profile it’s now failed to fetch configuration. Coupled with that, none of my gear that was carried over is available anymore. This is a truly frabjous day.

What an absolute mess.

1 Like

Thats what I did too. Now I completed Dubai, Dartmoor, Berlin and Romania to level 20/5. Only China and Mendoza remaining to at least unlock everything. Really strange that it works for some now and for others still it doesnt.

Perhaps I should add I DISABLED cloud saving.

1 Like

It worked for about an hour but now it’s stopped working. Great.

I had an hour across the last 38 hours where the game worked.

1 Like

Well shit me too now… its so frustrating

Imogen is lucky because the game died as she was burning alive.

She has now been spared.

1 Like

Carl Ingram was also spared from a horrible fate of drowning into his own puke. Maybe next time.

Stopped working for me, I tried the same process. Didn’t work. So I wanted 30 min tried again and it works again

Btw, both time I did it, I didn’t try to log in for 30 min prior so idk if that’s relevant

When the current theory is to take a break between playing sessions.

index

I tried it and it worked, but after I ended mission, it went offline again. Guess until IO gets it finally together, I will have to keep deleting manually my save files >:(

It FINALLY works for me! :slightly_smiling_face:
I did not restore my old saves. (Maybe the saves are causing the issue? Who knows…)
I ALSO totally reinstalled the game beforehand so don’t know if that had anything to do with it. :thinking:
Now, to see how long it will last. :grimacing:

Edit: And now it’s broken again. I wanted to test to see what happened when I put the old saves back. Connection error. Restored the “new” files again. Connection Error still. I just don’t know…

Edit 2: Deleted egstore from the HITMAN 3 program files folder, but that only resulted in Epic Game Launcher thinking the game wasn’t installed, so had to reinstall it ALL again. Deleted the save yet again as well. Working again.

Edit 3: And of course it’s broken the very next day. :cry: I tried doing the trick of completely copying the game files, uninstalling game, reinstall game, cancel download, close EGS, copy over the game files into the Install directory, and starting EGS again to resume. Instead of “verifying” the files like the other games I tested, it just completely wipes the Install directory and proceeds to download everything. :roll_eyes:

From the bit of experimenting I’ve done, it seems like whatever is causing the config disconnect is tied somehow to the save files. I’m guessing your saves are connected in some way to your IOI profile, which is currently bugged to hell. But I’ve played for a while without manually saving or loading (also turned off autosaves) and it seems okay so far. Of course, this is horrible because messing up means starting over again, but it’s better than not making any progress at all.

Edit: Not even 15 minutes after posting this, it stops working. Of course. Get your shit together, IOI, geez.

yeah same ive wanted to play all night ive tried like 3 different times and couldnt connect :frowning: