Question about 47’s ending (Spoilers)

I’m pretty sure that we will see another Hitman game in this current generation.

I took it to mean that he’s no longer Agent 47, since that was his name with the ICA. Diana named him 47 by his own admission. I think he’ll keep it.

I think you mean Burnwood, Rieper and Hall. I know she said she’s out but 47 has said that before too. I think it would be easy to talk her back into it to honour Grey’s memory by continuing his fight.

1 Like

I guess she was trying to mention his namelessness. This will never change.

I just had the worst intrusive thought: What if 47 takes a page out of Chad Johnson/Ochocinco’s book and starts going by Tobias Cuatrosiete?

I was talking to a few other guys on the forum yesterday and they said exactly the same thing as you. I guess it was the “Agent” part he’s relinquished and after watching the cut scene back a few times it makes sense.

Yeah that’s what a lot of people have said as well funny enough :grin: Like I’ve put above, I think it’s the “Agent” part he’s relinquished due to no longer being a part of the ICA.

I just can not imagine that I call him with a different name… He is always be 47 for me.

1 Like

Think that’s the same for everyone as well :wink:

1 Like

It’s basically HITMAN doing its version of the KNIGHT RIDER.

“HITMAN. A shadowy flight into the dangerous world of a man who does not exist. Tobias Rieper, a (forever) young loner to champion the cause of the innocent, the helpless, the powerless (who pay top dollar) in a world of criminals who operate above the law.”

In my Diana (or Lucas Grey) Must Die Thread on the old forum we also explored that one of the most interesting endings involved the downfall of ICA and all major agency structures, allowing for assassins to function as individual cells of privateers with their own “gimmicks” (ala SMOKING ACES) and for “systems” to instead exist as providers and enablers who work in an underground economy (similar to JOHN WICK). I also added this would be a clever way to reintroduce Kruger Schmidt as the master maker of untraceable weapons for anonymous killers.

1 Like