Question on Escalation challenges

Newer Player
Started playing Escalations. Sometimes its more fun to have limitations, as in no load out to force myself to play differently. I saw that there are two categories of escalation for rewards based on area. Unfortunately I have been doing all my escalations in Berlin which is not included in either of those categories. I am guessing that whatever rewards or reskins offered by Berlin egg hunt etc are the reward + XP for challenges that these escalations offer. Since its not on the escalation reward location list?

Also
I saw that some of the challenges within the escalation are unique to the escalation, (find the ducky gun and shoot the white rabbit) but some appear to be from the normal campaign. That I haven’t completed in the normal campaign? Is there any benefit to completing them in escalation with limitations?

2 Likes

As far as I can tell there’s no difference. Doesn’t matter if you complete them in the regular level or in an Escalation. It’s all the same.

4 Likes

I will likely aim to complete them in the regular level, where saves are allowed. I find myself exploring all over the place in escalation. Places I had never gone before trying to find weapons I need. All while not being able to save etc. I really like how Escalations push me out of my safe zone, but then bam I am dead and time to start over.

As a “newer player” not sure if you already know this but after (technically during) the release of the 7 Deadly Sins DLC, ioi gave up making Escalations. Due to fan feedback; people complained about them being boring/not liking the formula in general.

So moving forward with the WOA (and any new games in the future) don’t expect new Escalations.

IO promised a new escalation is coming in the Spring Roadmap post. To quote it:

“In addition, we will be introducing new unlocks, challenges, and a fresh escalation for you to sink your teeth into.”

4 Likes

Something I have noticed IOI do is say one thing and then do another. So hopefully in my case there will be more escalations. If people don’t like them enough that they don’t make them anymore. Maybe they will make something new that is even more fun.

I havent played the 7 deadly sins, but I did read that they were not player favorite escalations. I will have to give them a run and see how they are. The suit rewards are pretty terrible to be honest.

1 Like

“New” as in “this already existed but we never released it until now”. :joy:

2 Likes

I wish some of the escalations from H1 got ported to H3, sure they weren’t all great but I’d be interested in revisiting them with all the new stuff H2 and H3 added. It’s kinda weird how only a few random ones survived :confused:

3 Likes

100% agree, bringing the legacy ones back would be a good way to offer something more substantial on the Year 3 roadmaps. Yes they aren’t technically “new” content, but they’re “newer” than ETs that have already appeared 5+ times. Plus, if they added more challenges for doing X escalations on 2016’s maps they could include some of the many items in the game that people would still like unlocked.

I still believe all the legacy challenges and escalations available in 2016 and 2 should be included in Hitman 3, both good and bad. It’s meant to be the “definitive” way to play those locations, but there’s still a good chunk of stuff missing. I’d argue even the really bad escalations like The Mallory Misfortune or The Lupei Sensitivity should be included in Hitman 3.

4 Likes

Even though the only Hitman (2016) I want to see return is The Susumu Obsession in Hokkaido, I agree with this:

[quote=“lukefsje, post:9, topic:18842, full:true”]
100% agree, bringing the legacy ones back would be a good way to offer something more substantial on the Year 3 roadmaps. Yes they aren’t technically “new” content, but they’re “newer” than ETs that have already appeared 5+ times. Plus, if they added more challenges for doing X escalations on 2016’s maps they could include some of the many items in the game that people would still like unlocked.

Especially the Challenge point you made for the unlocks. I already have all the unlocks, but more choice overall would be nice.

Plus, we have so much more equipment in Hitman 3/World of Assassination that I don’t think that even the bad ones will be as bad as they were originally (as long as you have the proper unlocks that is).

Edit: tried to quote you, but it didn’t work properly (at least on my screen). I’ll try to fix it later.

4 Likes

You might be right :slight_smile: it will still be fun for me though. Being a newer player I am overwhelmed with the amount of content I get to explore. I understand if someone has been playing for 5 or 10 years. It would be understandable to be annoyed if content has been very slow in coming.

3 Likes

The escalation challenges since they were there since the start of the game’s life-cycle they were finalized without any idea of how many H3 location escalations they would make. So all of the rewards in the track are for Paris-Hokkaido and Hawkes-Haven. However most escalations in H3 include some extra reward to compensate, usually multiple

The ones from the normal campaign are there for QoL. so that if you do the requirements for a challenge on accident you get the challenge ticked off rather than having to switch to the main mission to do everything. A lot of challenges are location-specific rather than mission-specific because you can do them anywhere outside Freelancer so long as you do them in that location be it escalation, contract, main mission or elusive target