Radio tower berlin

weres the radio tower on the berlin map is it a good sniper spot

In the woods. You go past the gas station if your starting point is main-pick, and you walk past the radio tower on your way to club hölle.

1 Like

you need the key by killing one of the ica agents

You can also shoot or blast it open or pick the lock. It is just weird you can’t use a crowbar.

6 Likes

Or you could just find a radio tower key by the gate to the left of the club entrance. (Where you exit the mission by bike).

Since we have a topic about this tower now:

What in the name of the five fathers is the purpose of the laser tripwires if there is a ladder bypassing them all? Did IO forget to make this ladder one of these unlockable shortcuts?

9 Likes

I think the idea is to have a circumvention option. The first time I played through I went through the lasers, curious to what would happen. I haven’t done it since. However I am toying with the possibility of doing it on purpose again, to get into a sniper-war with Tremaine.

Ain’t that the truth, finally found a crowbar first time I played Berlin and was excited to go back to the radio tower and check it out and unlock it for the locations discovered challenge, but that was small disappointment when I figured out I couldn’t use crowbar to get through the gate, so I had to go back with my head down and looked someting like this :anguished: and continue with something else :joy:.

I̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶n̶i̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶n̶i̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶s̶c̶o̶p̶e̶ (This is 100% wrong, sorry.) if not he just stands beside the sniper rifle.
I haven’t done that challenge yet (will maybe do it later today), so I’m not sure.

And if you trigger one of them, a guard is coming running, so by use the ladder you can do the Sniper Assassin Challenge in peace and quiet.

I shot both lasers, but still triggered one of them, not sure if it is a bug or not, or trigger it is part of that scope kill challenge.

Even if you go up the ladder and wait around at the top, then the agent will still spot you. Like he has his scope focused on the top of the radio tower anyway in the hope that 47 will make his way up there

I have only played the new missions once so far, but at my first playthrough I could swear there is a sniper up there. I never saw him and killed five other targets in the club, but I was certain that there is one up there, and the laser is there to allert him, for backup.

Now Im a bit dissapointed there is non up there. :smiley:

I actually attempted to shoot it thinking it was an explosive. Thought it was disactivated and went through, then I realized it was just a motion detector, lol

But yeah, I prefer the proposal that the ladder be a shortcut so you’re spotted the first time for certain but circumvent it the following playthroughs.

He have just that, his sniper rifle is pointing to the radio tower and he is looking through binoculars untill you step through the laser beam, I haven’t done this challenge yet, so I don’t know if he will insta kill us.

Edit.

Okay, I was very wrong about this challenge, I have no idea why I thought this challenge was about shooting the sniper through the sniper rifle scope :flushed:.

We need to kill him with his own rifle:

The thing about the lasers is

• You can walk around the first one, but you can duck under/avoid the second one. So did IO want you to be able to avoid them like the lasers in the NY vault or not?

• You can just shoot them to deactivate them if you want to. So avoiding setting them off was always an option even without the ladder

ALSO the radio tower is odd because it’s a built in sniper position for the map and it toys with the very cool idea of an enemy sniper. BUT you can’t snipe Tremaine because there’s another non-target guard next to him that will always find his body

So what gives IO?! :sweat_smile: Do you want us to be able to snipe from this location or not? Because currently the only way to do it is to either travel across the whole map and eliminate Tremaine before using it OR carefully dodge Tremaine’s line of sight every time he looks through his binoculars?

Lotta weird design choices with this one

2 Likes

Huh what, you mean Kalmer him and the guy who finds him across the map is not the intended solution to deal with him?

2 Likes

Intention is dead and we killed it

I mean personally I know I love running across a whole map three times. That’s how I’ve put so many hours into Hitman over the past few years

I looks like shooting the lasers is just temporary I shot them both, killed 3 out of 5 targets, but when I ran down the stairs to get closer to the 2 other targets I wanted to try to use the rifle on, I triggered them both.

If you trigger the tripwires, guards (no targets) were send to check the tower.
If the Sniper Agent spots you with his binoculars, he gets ready to aim with his rifle. When he spots you he will start to shot. One hit kill instandly

getting a guard disguise maybe?

That is something I don’t understand as well. The ICA is the only fraction in Berlin who fears a sniper climbing up there. What is the business of the club guards there?

1 Like

Maybe they’re not club guards, they’re low ranking ICA grunts that are there as backup. They’re not high enough rank to recognise 47 or be targets? (Idk, that’s the best lore explanation I can think of)

That or because Montgomery is posing as head security he can order the club guards wherever he wants :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I was also thinking this because Montgomery infiltrated the security. It’s the female ICA handler who sends them. And it creates a situation under pressure. The ICA Sniper hunting your head and from downstairs guards are coming, so you have to take a decision.

I really like it because it makes the tower kind of dangerous, a place where you have to watch your back instead of a secure sniper nest. It’s dark, you’re alone and hunted by the ICA from both sides.
I can highly recommend to start with the developers comment. I really enjoyed them and it gives you a good understanding of the level design and how to get information without Diana.

4 Likes