Rarest H3 suits?

Food for thought on this topic. In the game “Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms”, there are timed unlocks that you can get. Some weekends you can get specific adventurers and if you miss them, you have to wait for a full year or you can’t ever get them. What they did to allow access to that content was to create “time gates”. In the realm of D&D they are basically ways to go back in time.
The game forces you to play and achieve things to get these pieces of the gate and if you get enough of them you can go back in time and unlock the thing you missed. It’s a way of getting access to stuff you missed before but you have to work a bit at it.

I have no idea how something like that could be implemented, if at all, in a game like Hitman but it’s a way some other game developer handled it. They acknowledge the time limited nature, make the think available for a price, and that’s it.

2 Likes

It’s funny cause they made items for Hitman 3 that would’ve presumably been unlocked the same way as the Aluminum Travel Briefcase and Black Winter Suit were in Hitman 2 (but for owning H2 and beating a Hitman 2 ET) but they chose to not release them. To me, that seems like they had a change of plans and didn’t want to give out super-limited stuff, same as how Hitman 3’s suits are unlocked via Mastery instead of beating an ET on that location.

2 Likes

The H2 Brief Case and Suit were created for HITMAN 3 specifically while they are meant for H2 Locations they first appeared in H3. I wouldn’t say they back tracked on it, but they are saving it for god knows what reason.

Hm, I was getting nervous and thought I was missing a suit (Black Winter Suit), but I have all of those other things. I’m checking soon.

I am missing the ICA Superior Coin though. Weird.

Three versions of the ICA Coin exist Superior and the “worst” one are the rarest of the coins and Outstanding is the more common one. You could only receive one of them.

2 Likes

Ohhh.

Wait, it says it was for getting SA for an ET, not getting SA and one for failing.

Was it for one ET only?

Just checked , I do have all the suits.

I always forget about the Snow Festival Suit, that’s a rare one too. It fits in nicely in Hokkaido.

ICA Commendable Performance Coin (Rarest Of Them )

Acquisition:

• Awarded to players who attempted (but did not succeed in completing) an Elusive Target upon the release of the Game of the Year edition of the game.

ICA Superior Performance Coin (Second Rarest)

Acquisition:

• Awarded to players who completed an [Elusive Target without achieving a Silent Assassin ranking, upon the release of the Game of the Year edition of the game.

ICA Outstanding Performance Coin (The most common ICA Coin)

Acquisition:

• Awarded to players who completed an [Elusive Target] with a Silent Assassin ranking upon the release of the Game of the Year edition of the game.

Ha, I have the Commendable Coin. Rare? Failing an ET is easy though.

I see, most players complete it.

So do you have two of the coins? The commendable is the rarest of the coins cause you either have to go out of your way to fail a ET, die, or be bad to fail a ET.

Nope I was wrong. I only have the Commendable.

Along with the Classic, Gold and Greedy.

1 Like

Alrighty I was about to say it is next to impossible own all three coins legitimately. Congratulations you retained your failed ET state for the first cycle of ET in HITMAN 2016 without achieving a better rank.

You own the rarest ICA coin variant.

1 Like

I coincidentally used it on a revisited SONKO #47 run last night too.

Which one do you have?

1 Like

I never see the Commendable and Superior coins in people’s unlock inventories it’s always Outstanding Performance Coins. The fact that meeting the criteria for a specific coin is sensitive and retaining it is a feat. If you did a SA during 2016 you would of had a different coin easily.

I own the Outstanding Performance Coin.

1 Like

Ha, nice. I’ll screenshot it for authenticity.

For the Classic All Black Suit, wasn’t that obtainable in H3 too?

I know that Mike Channel, of OutsideXbox never got the Outstanding Performance Coin so while Andy and Jane were using those, Mike was always stuck with the Superior coin for never having gotten SA. I never knew the game existed until it was too late to earn them.

Same.

I also want to point out the Black Winter Suit has been described as Exclusive. The only suits to use exclusive in their description is a select few of Sins Suits.

I own all Suits except one and that’s the Columbia Suit. I’m hoping the revolutionary is for Wrath but who knows.

These items are a cool little thing that a select few can say they actually own. It’s what makes them special and making them more widely accessible ruins it.

Casual Tourist with Gloves?

1 Like

Yes. I explained it before but a oversight by IO resulted in me failing the Revolutionary. In Early Hitman 2 you were allowed to Replan a mission even if the Target was dead. For science I tested it out and it directed me to a fail screen.

They removed it in later updated but it was there.

2 Likes

That sucks. I never use that suit but that would bother me.

Thanks for all the info.

6 Likes

It is, via getting seventeen silent assassin suit onlys

1 Like