Rasmus Højengaard Returns to IO as Design Director

According to his Linkedin, Rasmus Højengaard returned to IO last month as design director.

He was game director on BM and worked on C47-Contracts as a designer and hasn’t been with IO since 2006.

25 Likes

thats pretty cool, but what is a Studio Design Director?

1 Like

Oh thats so amazing, great News! I hope they can also get Morten Iverson to write the Story again. Just thinking about it makes my nostalgia boner rock hard.

heavybreathing (1)

17 Likes

Hopefully not to pick the furniture of the new studios. :grin:

5 Likes

#ThoughtsAndPrayersWithNorseman

9 Likes

In all seriousness that is very exciting news, It’s nice to see old talent return to the studio. Weather or not he will end up working on future hitman projects time will tell. This will of course be a very different IO he returns to after a 15 years absence, that isn’t necessarily a bad thing. I look forward to see what projects he will part off.

Velkommen hjem Rasmus

11 Likes

15 years of professional growth could mean good things for upcoming games.

7 Likes

Great news indeed!

Also someone that can dig through the C47 code :wink:

9 Likes

They have elevated him to the level of Vice President!!! 🛗 🛗

Very cool to see “fresh” old blood back at the studio! I also can’t wait for some IO streams so he can tell stories about how it was back in the early days. Everyone loves tales of yesteryear.

5 Likes

So that means the director is leaving before Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League release (planned in 2022). This is the next big game from Warner Bros and Rocksteady is one of the best game studios in England. It’s worth mentioning.

Anyway, good news for IO, it’s indeed a very very experienced Chief Design Officer (former EA DICE CDO).

4 Likes
15 Likes

Just thinking about how a Codename 47 Remake won’t happen really ruins that nostalgia boner doesn’t it?

1 Like

You are a cruel man. I hope you die alone. i love you still :kiss:

6 Likes

I’ve come to terms with that potential reality. :wink:

1 Like

Now that I think about it, they’ll probably have him in IOI Insider at some point. They did say they will be talking with people who worked on Blood Money after all, didn’t they? The game director himself would certainly be one hell of an opportunity.

5 Likes

Wow. Having an old Blood Money vet come back to the studio is pretty cool. Also, the two people being Head of Design at DICE and Lead Gameplay Designer at CDPR respectively is awesome news. Good for them!

4 Likes

He’s not just a BM vet, he was at IO since C47 :smiley:

5 Likes

Woah, there was a game before Silent Assassin?

I just thought the series started at 2.

7 Likes

I know right?

If only there was a person so passionate about the first entry he would personally make his mission to convince IO to do a remaster of it. I would love to see what it was all about!

4 Likes

IMG_20210129_084407

8 Likes