[Release] Hitman: Contracts - Unofficial Patch

Created by @iSsueS

I’ve started a new playthrough recently and it kinda bugs me that I always have to modifiy some things (disable intros, modify the .ini, fix the savegame bug for the steam version, …) before I start a new game. This patch should solve all of these problems:

Hitman: Contracts - Unofficial Patch v1.0

Bugfixes:

• Corrected clothbundles (disguises on the ground) for various outfits
  • Fixed the disguise of the Blue Lotus Negotiator in “The Seafood Massacre”
  • Fixed visor transparency for the SWAT team in “Deadly Cargo”
  • Savegame fix for the Steam version of Hitman: Contracts

General improvements:

• Deactivated all intro logos besides the intro of Hitman: Contracts
  • Optimization of various textures
  • Slight color tweak of the Desert Eagle (less yellow)
  • Removal of red color on top of the Silverballer
  • Cover/Loading screen suit and matching clothbundle for 47

Screenshots:

(Top/Right: Unofficial Patch, Bottom/Left: Original)

First screenshot: Sharpened and improved texture of 47 (Notice the both sharpened barcode and the buttons on his jacket)

Second screenshot: Shows the texture optimizations. Some of the character textures were kinda blurred so I’ve sharpened them very carefully.

Third screenshot: Fix for the visor of the SWAT teams in Rotterdam

Next version. The patch now comes with a simple installer.

Hitman: Contracts - Unofficial Patch v1.1

Bugfixes:

• Added the missing wristband to the left arm of the barkeeper in “Rendezvous in Rotterdam”
  • Complete texture rework of “BikerMember_02a” (Wrong texture format etc. …)
  • Removed a white line under the logo in the main menu

General improvements:

• Created an installer for “Unofficial Patch v1.1”
  • Slightly darker color of blood pools and a better texture for blood on the walls from HC resources
  • Unblurred a wall texture used in “Beldingford Manor”
  • Optimization of some more character textures
  • Removal of some unused files of the patch

Screenshots:

Hitman: Contracts - Unofficial Patch v1.2

Bugfixes:

• Conference sign in “Traditions of the Trade” reads now “UN” instead of “UF” (Consistency fix since Diana says “UN”)
  • Briefing description & details in “Traditions of the Trade” now say “UN” instead of “UF” (Same as above)
  • Fixed incorrect nude mesh of “Prospect_01a” in “Rendezvous in Rotterdam”
  • Fixed wrong eyecolor the SWAT team members in “Deadly Cargo”
  • DX8 → DX9 (Fixes slowdowns, some effects and some LOD based issues)

General improvements:

• Reverted 47’s suit back to the original version (slightly improved)
  • Created a new clothbundle for 47’s suit
  • Restored EAX features
  • Disabled mouse acceleration
  • Some additional .ini tweaks
  • Added my own 100% completed savefile for people that just want to play of specific mission (as requested)
18 Likes

Thought this was a great mod by @iSsueS and I wanted to make sure it made it to the new forum. Anyone know if he’s around?

3 Likes

Think he’s long gone (on HMF, not irl :joy:), his last post on the old forum was in 2018 it seems. Thanks for reposting btw, was just thinking about this the other day.

2 Likes

I’ve been itching to get back into the classic games, so I went back to the archive to look for all the mods I would have had bookmarked if I could still sign in. That’s too bad he’s inactive, he has some nice cosmetic mods for Contracts and Silent Assassin, but the download links are broken.

If you know of any other mods that are posted on the old forum or anywhere else let me know, Nexus and ModDB are a little sparse for those titles.

2 Likes

Have you thought about making incapacitated folks stay asleep longer? I know it’s kinda a cheat, but it would make Contracts much more playable.

1 Like

Not my mod, I just reposted from the old forum -unfortunately the creator isn’t active.

Sounds like a great idea though for someone with experience modding these games!

2 Likes

They work for me, at least. I think it might be referring to some issue that occurs in-game when you load a save, something not right.

2 Likes

Having just completed Contracts for the first time recently, I only ever had a save issue on the Beldingford Manor level, where loading a save from a certain slot would just crash the game. Overwriting it fixed it. It really wasn’t a huge deal, but if this patch fixes it, then that’s fantastic.

2 Likes

Any chance that this patch fixes that absolutely tiny HUD when playing in 4K and the broken river effects in levels like Beldingford Manor, and the missing water textures on windows on levels like Hong Kong?

2 Likes

Can’t say I ever noticed those issues with Beldingford and Hong Kong so I’m not sure.

I still have the tiny HUD issue in 1080p though and I’ve found no mods to fix it despite extensive googling. I actually have the issue in all games BM and earlier and haven’t found a fix.

2 Likes

Yeah, same issue here with the tiny HUD. If you’re unsure about the missing/broken graphical effects, this short video does a great job of outlining them (for reference, D3D is much more playable than OpenGL, but OpenGL has less broken graphical effects):

2 Likes

The HUD is directly tied to the engine so there isn’t an easy way to fix it

2 Likes

Thanks for posting my old thread here. My old account seems to be deleted for some reason. There’s a new update 1.3 in the pipeline which fixes some rendering issues and offers some other additional improvements.

6 Likes

Sorry, do you know how to activate the “FreeCam” on PC verison?

1 Like

I didn’t know there exists a FreeCam-Mod for Hitman: Contracts. If you’ve got a link for me I could possibly help you out.

2 Likes

Hitman: Contracts - FreeCam [PC]

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (2002) [Free Camera Mod/Cam Hack - PC]

1 Like

Hitman: Contracts - Unofficial Patch v1.3

Bugfixes:

• Fixed some rendering issues like static water and fog

General improvements:

• LAA 4GB memory patch
  • Proper widescreen support
  • Upscaled all NPC textures that were downsized to 512x256 due to limited console memory (including an unused 1024x512 version of 47)
  • High-res briefcase texture ported from “Hitman: Blood Money”
  • Blood decals ported from “Hitman: Blood Money”
  • DX11-Wrapper
  • (Optional-)Reshade option
  • Uncensored textures for a lot of woman and the rotterdam barkeeper
3 Likes

Hitman: Contracts - Unofficial Patch v1.4

General improvements:

• Upscaled all pistol textures from 128x64 to 256x128
  • Redrawn Silverballer engravings
  • Repackaged a proper ReadMe, changelog and the EAX driver into the installer package

HitmanContracts 2023-03-13 20-31-28

6 Likes

Hitman: Contracts - Unofficial Patch v1.4.1

General improvements:

• Added support for the GOG version
2 Likes

Where can I get this version at?

1 Like