San Diego, A NEW LIFE (Mission #4) - Discussion Thread

WoA Style discussion for A New Life. Feel free to discuss this mission here
Briefing: We’re sending you down to the other end of the state, 47. The target’s a gangster by the name of Vinnie Sinistra. He’s in a witness protection program pending a court appearance later this month. Our client wants to be sure Sinistra doesn’t make it to the witness box. Sinistra’s also got some hard evidence that can’t be allowed to see the light of day. Our clients think it may be on a bit of microfilm, ensure that you retrieve it. Sinistra is extremely unstable and hasn’t taken well to suburban life. They’re having a birthday party for the youngest child on Sunday, and this may give you the angle you need to get in. The house is being monitored and protected by the feds, so extreme discretion is required. Tread lightly, 47.

Objectives:

• Kill Vinnie Sinistra.
  • Retrieve microfilm.
  • Escape the suburb.
4 Likes

Is it true that if you kill Vinnie in his office, his body will always be found even if you drag it behind the corner? I did it many times and I think every time his body was eventually discovered. But if you hurry up you can escape before it happens.

2 Likes

From my experience, his body never gets found. If you want to be safe, drop a mine nearby, and if a guard walks into there he’ll pick it up and put it in the drop off box, giving you more time.

2 Likes

I think his guard goes in the room to check for Vinnie if he doesn’t come out for too long.

UPD: yes he does and he even goes over the corner.

4 Likes

this mission shocked since I live near San Diego :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yep, this is the reason I killing him while wathing TV.

1 Like

or you could just, subdue his bodyguard.

1 Like

Easiest map ever.

Run to the catering van and grab donuts, poison donuts with sedative, open door to FBI van, drop donuts on ground, once they eat them and become sedated disguise yourself as one, take the tape and hit the redial button. Run to utility box near door of the house and the agent guarding Sinistra will leave to investigate. Run to the living room and execute Sinistra with shot to the back of the head. Hide his body in closet.

Run out the back door and into the pool area and wait for Sinistra’s wife to stumble past the sauna, sedate her when there is nobody to witness, grab microfilm, drag body into sauna to hide. Run back to FBI van, grab suit and exit mission.

If you can think of a better way or faster way to execute this mission perfectly, I am all ears!

2 Likes

Shoot the skylight of the pool room when Sinista’s wife walks through. The glass will kill her, but it’d be an accident so that doesn’t count against you. Plus means you don’t have to hide the body. Saves a load of time there

1 Like

Shot to the back is not a good idea, as it leaves blood. The rest is exactly how it should be done.

1 Like

@Bad_Stu and @modding

Both good observations. I altered it a bit by using poison or fiber wire on Sinistra instead of gunshot. Also, I managed an even faster way to grab microfilm by sabotaging the grill with lighter fluid found in shed. If you manage everything before that fast enough you can get to the Grill before the Mrs. does. The whole ordeal took 5 minutes.

I am 100% confident there is no faster way to get perfect score now :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That´s exactly what I said. There are 2 places where you can find lighter fluid.

1 Like

I think it could be slightly faster to push her into the pool than that. Less noisy, too. Good thing NPCs in Blood Money drown on contact with water.