Season of Greed | Roadmap

Bit underwhelming but look on the bright sideā€¦ imagine how good Mayā€™s Roadmap is going to be :sunglasses:

1 Like

Damn what a big pile of nothing. Not even a game update in April

Not a fan at all of the " Seasons of Sin can last 4 to 6 weeks" if this is all they can show for themselves.

Hell, Iā€™m not sure why they even call the roadmaps ā€œSeasons of Sinā€ if literally the only thing we get with that theme is that one escalation ?

22 Likes

Too busy counting the money and ordering helicopters.

2 Likes

Well thatā€™s not much. I would expect a bit more content for roadmaps that is for longer than a month. I mean, having 2 ETā€™s is great, but there is not that much. 1 escalation, 2 batch of FC from youtubers (who donā€™t even play that much of a Hitman) and update is delayed way too in May? It better be worth the waitā€¦

3 Likes

This is definitely the most confusing bit. It really doesnā€™t feel like the theme of the roadmap is being honored in the Free Content pool, rather than the Paid Content pool (even then, many people already got their Greed on March 30th).

All the showcasing of the Goldballer in the Greed Escalation felt like a tease for an upcoming unlock, but I guess not!

9 Likes

If people want to compare roadmaps I know the perfect place to do research :woozy_face:

7 Likes

I donā€™t expect a bonus map, but after they literally announced ā€œSeasonsā€ that they claimed to be ā€œthemedā€, and that said seasons would be composed of both paid and free content, i find it rather odd and disappointing that this isnt the case at all, and the only piece of content that fits the theme is the one paid escalation ?

2 Likes

aside from half the roadmap being last monthā€™s content, no new unlocks, the same amount of content stretched out to last 6 weeksā€¦ oh not much.

take me back to the hitman 6 golden days when we had a brand new ET every two weeks, 3 free bonus missions, a paid dlc bonus campaign :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Did they literally say that though? What they actually said was ā€œTo support our Seven Deadly Sins expansion, weā€™re now releasing our regular content as part of a Season of Sin , instead of a monthly roadmap. This is mostly a change in name, because the Escalations, Featured Contracts and Elusive Targets are still coming thick and fast ā€“ and free!ā€

Where in that does it say that the content will be themed?

1 Like

Itā€™s literally in the name, Seasons of Sin. Why bother rebranding at all the name ā€œroadmapsā€ (a commonly understood term) for such specific branding if they are going to do nothing with that branding ?

4 Likes

We have no idea whether there will be any unlocks from that roadmap. The actually released DLC for Greed did contain unlocks which are not reflected in that roadmap release so whoā€™s to say whether any of the other stuff will unlock anything or not?

I assumed that it would be the same amount of content stretched out to 6 weeks so that was expected. And ā€œhalfā€ is a bit of an exaggeration as itā€™s more like 1/3.

I think to keep it inline with patches and DLC releases simultaneously especially with mods being able to release stuff early.

Iā€™m not upset about that. Iā€™m not mad that IOI didnā€™t put this specific thing out that specific thing in. Iā€™m just annoyed that weā€™ve had to lower our expectations so much just to be understanding. Before I used to read the roadmap and think ā€œoh whoa, I canā€™t wait until [Insert day of the month here] for [Insert content here] to releaseā€. Now I see the roadmap and that sense of excitement just dies.

Featured contracts used to be a small side thing I didnā€™t give the most thought, now itā€™s content I look into because itā€™s a large portion of the content. Has the quality of them increased? No, in fact I think theyā€™ve gotten worse. Thereā€™s just so little content that I end up looking into it because I want something to do.

This all may just be ranting at this point, but I was hoping that the cost for the game would be worth it as much as Hitman 2, but it hasnā€™t been, and this season just goes to show that. Iā€™m not asking for anything specific, I just want something.

7 Likes

whether you expected it or not doesnt make it not worth complaining about lol

considering the reaction to this absolutely pitiful roadmap i imagine that if they had an unlock available, they would have put it on there. the fact that they had to fill space with last monthā€™s content tells me that they do not

2 Likes

That is fair, but remember that the thing that IOI actually had to do was to release the game in January, which they did. Anything else beyond that is extra.

1 Like

Iā€™ll say that my concerns will become full fledge panic attacks when the collector releases since if we donā€™t have Elusive Target rewards for H3 Locations I will start to panic, Papa needs that John Wick suit that was leaked.

Remember fashion is always first.

2 Likes

The thing that gets me is that it would be so easy to spice up these roadmaps with no extra work by simply putting some items that are already in the game as unlocks .

Like, itā€™s called Greed Season. Itā€™s right after Easter. Why not make the Golden Bunny Heist Suit a unlock? Itā€™s literally perfect for both the theme and the month!

18 Likes

Look forward to it in the next paid DLC, itā€™ll be a steal!~

1 Like

Well letā€™s seeā€¦

Waiting all the way to May 6 for a game update that may or may not fix the last trophy issue Iā€™m still missing to get the platinum over 3 months after release. To know whether or not theyā€™re going to implement again the shoulder swap button thatā€™s been crucial for my play style all these years.

Only one new free escalation in a 4-6 weeks cycle. After all, not everyone is willing or can afford half the price of a brand new game for 7 escalations spread out within the course of a year.

Featured Contract? Wonderful. I can find endless of good contracts just by browsing this forum alone. At least if those were community contracts it wouldā€™ve been nicer. I know some people here are truly creative. Edit: looks like weā€™re getting 6 FC instead of 10 for a longer period of time :man_facepalming:t2:

Same Seasonal Content announced in 2 roadmaps in a row. I donā€™t remember them doing that before.

H2 ET rerun? I guess thatā€™s cool for those who missed that ET. Iā€™m not that person. So thatā€™s not new or exciting for me.

The H3 ET is whatā€™s truly exciting! Thatā€™s the highlight of the roadmap for me.

So to summarize whatā€™s really worth a damn in the new 4 to 6 weeks time frame is:

A new H3 ET and a new escalation.

Is that enough to keep me invested in the game for the next 6 weeks? Especially since the ET is a one time thing?

Iā€™m not complaining or disappointed since I anticipated it to be that way. Itā€™s just sad to see it being a real thing.

And are they planning on telling us more about what to expect in the 7 Deadly Sins DLC?

14 Likes

I just find it very silly to name it a ā€œSeason of Sinā€ and then the only one single piece of content that relates to said ā€œSinā€ is released in the very first day of said season and then everything else is actually unrelated ?

8 Likes