Seven Deadly Sins Act 7: Wrath

Yes, that’s what I meant. I’m aware the 7DS are all hallucinations. DUH :rofl:

1 Like

Sorry, hard to tell who’s in the know, I’ve come across some folks who are only just now entertaining the idea that these take place between the last two missions. Density of a magnetar.

1 Like

Ok I keep reading this, what does it mean?

Typo, I fixed it while you were typing. Damn auto-correct.

1 Like

Will we have a roadmap for this season? I can’t see a placeholder thread anywhere.

1 Like

Promo images from PS Store

Very excited to try this one out

16 Likes

I have to wait about 13 hours to play, (work/family obligations)… but I can’t wait!

cant wait to play it

The war flash grenade looks very cool. It’s a shame flash grenades aren’t my first choice of weapon though.

The servers are back online, at least on Xbox.

Have a good play everyone !
It’s the end of one hell of a ride and hopefully the start of another one soon.

5 Likes

If there is any hint on Grey, will you please tell me? :see_no_evil::heart:

Have fun playing :hugs:

2 Likes

That suit’s a beauty. I’m tempted to buy just this pack.

1 Like

Only played the first round so far, but damn was that satisfying.

1 Like

I must admit that I was waiting for this sin. More and more the the other sins. Because is the last and the trailer was exciting. I can’t wait to play it!

2 Likes

So a rather quick personal opinion of the escalation. But for a brief abstract : it’s the best one made. Even as a stand-alone it’s worth it.

I will start with the ambiance.
The whole mansion was worked on. Both on its visual and its possibilities. It’s now decrepit and full of accident opportunities. It looks different, it plays different. It’s just some great work from the team, artist and level designer. (and some more special and more specific kudos to the lighting designers, the level is gorgeous because of you)
I especially liked the atmosphere in the kitchen, the clutter, the spider webs, the only room with the light on, it just worked well for me.
I will deliberately not talk about the dialogues and the narrative side. You will know why once you play.

For the gameplay, I appreciate how you can skip the preparation period and directly call the waves in. It allows for some good flexibility on replay.
The idea of stashes in the hidden rooms (and Fernsby’s Office) is great, as is the idea of limiting them with the return of the rusty nail and rusty crowbar. Even more, the items that you can have are diverse enough to make the escalation replayable (shotgun, explosive duck,… , even a fiber wire if you want to challenge yourself). Same thing with the target drop (nails, crowbar, shuriken…)

The wave system works well, you technically only have to eliminate one guard per cluster, but you will have fun with the rest of them. And the difficulty escalates between levels and you will have less and less leeway, but more and more tools.
You will constantly oscillate between preparation and trapping some groups and running and gunning others. You will also have to look into which stash you will want to go (in the first level, Fernsby’s Office has a shotgun, it’s also the most remote to the objective and will require two nails to open the door and a case).
The loop is highly replayable and just some senseless, violent fun.

A detail I found amusing : turning on a radio distraction doesn’t play some music or a gentle radio newscast. No, it just plays the audio of gunfire and people screaming. 47’s psyche is fine.

Now for the unlocks.
The Suit is fine. It’s not my kind of suit, but I know enough about this forum to know that it will be it for others. I nonetheless appreciate the texture. It’s also the most “normal” 7DS suit with the one from Lust.
The Roar Flash Grenade is the most original item, a proximity legal to carry flash grenade. Surprisingly it’s illegal to throw but not to place. For the rest, well it’s a flash device
The Shashka Beast is a beast. It has 60 rounds per magazine, 180 in total, It has a surprisingly good accuracy and a rather low rate of fire. You will not be subtle with it but you will be able to enjoy your shootout with it. It’s honestly a good rebalanced and useful rifle.

Just one last thing, and I’m tagging @Travis_IOI and @Clemens_IOI here because it’s really important for my use and play.
Can we have a way to toggle off the filters ? I don’t know why but they fatigue my eyes when I’m inside the manor. It already was the case in Greed, Pride and Sloth and I was glad it was toned down in Envy.
But here I just can’t properly look at the screen and the environment.

But all in all, my final impression for this escalation, the way the whole collection evolved and the work done by the team is as follow :
nod of respect
I’m not the most expressive, but it means a lot.

21 Likes

I’m pleasantly surprised that the Shaska Beast has a 60-round magazine, I expected it to just have the standard 30. It’ll now be my go-to weapon for kill everyone challenges

8 Likes

Just played the first level… this escalation is going to be one worth it to revisit.

• They have so many weapons from the game strewn around the map.
  • Lots of accident opportunities and generators everywhere.
  • Non-Targets don’t count against your score or SA.
  • Tons of NPCs come flooding through the doors, even on the first level. You do not want to get outnumbered.
  • Another unique unlock – the Shashka has a 60-round magazine and a surplus of 120 bullets. A surprising choice considering the Sniper rifles keep getting nerfed to 12 bullets.

It really feels like an M-rated version of Home Alone.

Is this a new interactable prop? You can’t shoot it open as far as I know, only a lockpick item works, and it hinges open as in the picture. Don’t think I’ve seen this before

10 Likes

The prop itself is from the Isle of Sgail Sapienza in Caruzo’s observatory (thanks @ColdDayInHell) and can also be found in the Isle of Sgail but here it’s with a retextured fortified glass. The interaction prompt is new.

And I’m kinda glad for it. The largest miss of hitman III was how they forgot about some of the unique and different interactive props they made in Hitman 2 (like hiding behind curtains in New Zealand or placing items in drawers in the Maldives). Everything is a crate or a closet, curtains would have been great and prettier in Dubai.

15 Likes

There’s a radio in there somewhere that plays the creepy Virus Infection news report from Berlin… I think.

I was a bit disappointed that there’s still gramophones everywhere, but none of them play Ave Maria. It’s the same operatic music from Paris.
Would have been a fantastic touch to this 47-mind-palace thing.

2 Likes