Sharpness Slider?

I’ve been going back and forth on the general “gritty” look of Hitman 3 compared to 2, and I’ve realized the artificial sharpening is higher and a reason for the difference. It has some artifacts sharpened films do, like halos (brighter areas around dark lines) and a “mushy” look with textures sometimes. I know modern TAA methods require some sharpening, but it’s usually adjustable (on PC anyway) and I’d like to see it be adjustable in Hitman 3.

1 Like

I personally think it’s a lost cause to hope for any changes graphic-wise. All the next-gen filters and lighting is here to stay, as they were intentionally put there “for reasons”. :face_vomiting:
That’s not to say you shouldn’t proclaim your distate for it, but I wouldn’t hold my breath on IOI doing anything about.
As an example, they did absolutely nothing ever so minor changes between HITMAN 2 and HITMAN 3 to eleviate the blatant over blooming issue, and the lighting wih it’s overexposed whites and crushed blacks. :grimacing:

1 Like

They added graphics options in Hitman 2 later on, and many games have a sharpness slider, so I just hope it happens. I don’t really expect it to happen. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Bloom gives me headaches on PS4 :frowning:

Yeah… my examples are a little extreme compared to what you’re asking for.
Hope it happens for ya! :crossed_fingers:

1 Like