Shoulder View Button Broken?

I legitimately don’t understand why this can’t be a menu toggle.
Many people used the toggle as a fundamental feature to check through rooms without instinct.

13 Likes

For a series that has a great amount of player freedom & an abundance of options to play the game as you like this choice seems an odd one.

I mean they let you turn off mission stories & you can skip cutscenes so I wonder why keeping certain things in frame for what would essentially be a first play through only issue & disabling players choice of view seems out of place.

10 Likes

I haven’t touched this game since launch because of this. I realized this like 15 minutes into Dubai and immediately went online to see if it was just me. I spent 60 bucks and I don’t even want to play this game until there’s a patch that might not even be coming. Idk I’m just gonna be thinking about how annoying it is through my whole playthrough, so I’m just trying my own patience. :confused:

4 Likes

FOR PC PLAYERS:

Cheat Table made by GreenHouse that re-enables shoulder swap.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CjHD9r9ihtLz-qQRRTVTfbNW7Qr4Oqyd/view?usp=sharing

12 Likes

This is such a godsend. Thank you so much.

4 Likes

Another unneeded change by way of their always online spying research… :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Awesome thanks! I got it on PS5 :weary: but I’ll pick it up on steam eventually. if they don’t make this right, then I guess the community will. :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Awwww yeaaaaah! Well done :ok_hand:

I wish it was IOI themselves who fixed that tho…

4 Likes

why IO cant make it so that the camera is exactly in the center as in the old games?

1 Like

A centered camera is not a common thing anymore in video games. I’m glad they removed shoulder swap, but that’s just because my dumbass would always accidentally click the swap button, and later I had to try and find out the original position.

Not much use except for aiming in my experience, and you can still swap while aiming so that is cool… I totally get why some people want it back though, adding a setting for “swappable shoulder camera” that doesn’t affect aiming wouldn’t hurt.

3 Likes

We can’t swap shoulders when trying to throw something so…

It needs to be fixed lol…

15 Likes

It’s cool that you’re fine with it being removed! I’m sure this doesn’t apply to a lot of people that play, but in my experience, it actually removes some options. More importantly it obscures my view 50% of the time. I can only turn left and right, and it’s very strange not being able to clearly see what’s around the next corner, especially in a third-person stealth game. They knew that was a factor in Hitman 1 and 2, which is why I assume they included the shoulder-switch in the first place. Glad you’re enjoying your time with the game, though! I hope iOi will cater to us all :slight_smile:

8 Likes

As others have said, being able to throw from other shoulder was very useful. I’ll add that swapping shoulder for placing items was also a cool feature. Like if I want to place an explosive onto a surface in H3, I am now only allowed to place it to my right.

Even for shooting, it was generally more fluid to swap shoulders in advance before aiming. Very very clunky to aim, then swap shoulders, then shoot.

I agree a toggle would probably be the best solution.

12 Likes

I still have no idea how it could confuse them.

And Im not talking about this from a “Hitman Fan” perspective. The game doesnt have that many buttons, not more than any other third person game out there. Especially games like GTA V, who are also heavily played by the casual people they said they did this for.

But what bothers me most is that they just cut one side, they didnt center it tho. I love how they said in their response: [quote=“First Impressions and Small Details, post:345, topic:2630”]
Unfortunately a lot of casual players ended up swapping camera to left shoulder without noticing it … which means it’s harder for us to frame important NPCs, routes, items, landmarks etc. when we design the level layouts. I’m not 100% sure, but think that is why it was changed to only work in combat.
[/quote]

“harder for us to frame important NPCs, routes, items, landmarks, etc…”

So, they cut something in favor for Hitman 3s 6 whole maps, so in their own argumentation, cut something that was usefull/important/intended for the 15 other maps you can actually play in Hitman 3?

This needs to have a setting in game, seriously.

20 Likes

We definitely need the shoulder swap back, a lot of my runs use shoulder swap and it’s second nature to me. Now I have to stop, swap and then move to the side to make sure I’m not hanging around the corner to much. Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

16 Likes

What if feels like when you can’t make 47 see to his left.

11 Likes

Still waiting for a fix… :eyes:

4 Likes

You have to wait at least until February 23 when the first patch/update rolls out…and I have a sneaking suspicion that they’re not going to fix it :cry:

6 Likes

The PS5 Patch for today did not address this. :’(

Shoulder Camera
Removing the option to change which of Agent 47’s shoulders that the game camera is located behind was intentional and it’s still possible to do this when in combat. We’re aware of player feedback on this choice and we’ll share any updates here.
https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-february-patch-3-11/

2 Likes