Shoulder View Button Broken?

After testing with rebinding, none of my shoulder view switch buttons seem to work EXCEPT when dragging a body for some reason.

Anyone else have this issue?

10 Likes

Yes it seems they’ve removed the ability to switch shoulder view except while aiming. If you switch to left shoulder while aiming, it snaps back to right shoulder once you quit aiming. Hope this gets patched.

12 Likes

I hope this is a mistake, I always preferred 47 to the right-middle than the left :confused:

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s petty. I agree with you. I find it to be a very troubling issue. I switched shoulders constantly in Hitman 2. Gameplay feels clunkier now that we’re locked behind the right shoulder.

20 Likes

Agreed, hopefully it’s an oversight. It’s definitely not a trivial problem. There are lots of times where you want to shift view outside of aiming, particularly around corners.

8 Likes

Yeah, i’d like that back too. It was nice.

7 Likes

that has to be a bug, right? why take it out?

6 Likes

Oh god please no, why removing such an important and harmless feature? :man_facepalming:

Hope this gets “fixed” soon™…

5 Likes

with all these bugs and connection issues i’m now kinda glad my local shop still doesn’t have the discs and i will hopefully be playing with most of it fixed already

2 Likes

I check these forums every day just to see if there are any updates on this issue. And yes, I consider it an issue. It really messes up the feel of this game.

2 Likes

It’s an intended change made by IOI, which is unlikely to be reverted back.

1 Like

Though it worked fine on the fist day before some update they’ve rolled out.
To be honest, it was not that convenienr for me to switch from side to side and I’m glad they locked camera to the left shoulder, but it’s unaccustomed yet

2 Likes

It’s one of the long time fan requested features™

Sad but true. The simple solution would be for people to just not use the view switch if they are uncomfortable with it, but instead the developer gimps its gameplay…

6 Likes

Sometimes game switches shoulders by itself and you need to switch it back (if you’re not ok with that angle). At least it happened to me quite a lot in both previous games.
I always use left shoulder angle, and I’m not comfortable with right shoulder so I never switched it myself.
But the game sometimes switched it for me, it was not my fault

3 Likes

That’s strange, I never had it switch by itself, on PC. Maybe your controller has an issue with the button?

The best solution would be to give an option in the menus “view switch -disable/enable”, like they do with so many functionalities. I do not understand why it was just removed unquestioned. A lot of people use it and a lot of situations are just clunky or impossible if you can not switch the view.

8 Likes

I’m on PC without any controllers.
But I agree they could’ve add the toggle for this option

3 Likes

It would be better if it just gave us a zoomed out camera with 47 directly in the middle.

I always used this feature when protected by an open door. Not to mention that resetting the view in a firefight makes the combat more clunky. Please revert the change or put an option to change it.

17 Likes

Please, please, please fix this! :pray::tired_face:

4 Likes

I’m continually surprised by the number of “bugs” and other issues that the community comes up with that I’ve never noticed. I never realized you could change which side of 47 the view was focused on in the earlier games so I didn’t notice that it was gone in Hitman 3. I never had an issue with looking around corners or doors. As soon as you “hide” with your back to the wall or object, the view switches on its own well enough for me.

3 Likes