Silent Assassin requirements

Could someone please write the rating requirements down for Contracts and Hitman 2? Googling just gives results for the new games as well as random articles

1 Like

Here you go

9 Likes

I would like to add what a close encounter and what an alert mean because that isn’t really explained on wiki.
A close encounter means an NPC draws a gun to you.The important aspect is that the NPC needs to have a gun to give you a close encounter.That means if you get spotted by someone,but they don’t have a gun,it is fine and it won’t affect the rating(so that applies to most of the civillians and a special case:ninjas with swords).However,they will try to alert others,so be careful.Even if the NPC doesn’t have enough time to start shooting you,as long as that NPC draws a gun to you it is still considered a close encounter.
An alert means guards heard a loud shot or guards found a dead/unconcious body.This doesn’t apply if civillians find them though.Another important aspect is that only dead/unconcious non-targets found count here.So,if a target’s body is found it doesn’t affect the rating.(I haven’t tried to see if it works with unconcious targets,but why would you sedate them in the first place?)
I hope this helps.
Also,don’t try to remember two different rating sysyems for H2:SA and Contracts because they are the same.The only differences between the two games:in Contracts shots don’t count against your rating(while in H2:SA they do) and you cannot harm/kill any innocents(while in H2:SA you can).

9 Likes

thanks for the detailed response

3 Likes

I might be mistaken, but I think they also do. I remember not being able to score SA in The Wang Fou Incident if I tried killing all three target’s with (head)shots. More than 2 shots would register as too much agressiveness and result in Professional, just like in H2SA. But I might be wrong…

2 Likes

Here is a speedrun of Wang Fou Incident.The results show 5 headshots and the silent assassin rating.
P.S:I think you confused Wang Fou Incident with Seafood Massacre(which has indeed 3 targets:the red dragon negotiator,the blue lotus negotatior and the chief of police).

3 Likes

@UnitedFyodor Alright,so I have just replayed Contracts and it seems like I forgot something.It looks like a target killed by a sniper rifle(doesn’t matter if it is silent or not) gives you an alert.It is pretty strange considering a silent pistol kill doesn’t give you an alert,but a silent sniper does.So,maybe you didn’t get SA because you got alerts? @Rimland

3 Likes

Oh, shoot, of course I did. Damn restaurants keep confusing me :persevere:

I think I didn’t get any alerts, since in this particular case I used a silenced pistol (I do remember there being an alert maybe if the police sniper noticed the bodies), but again, it’s been ages since I played it, so maybe I’m just remembering it wrong.

I’ll do a Contracts playthrough sometime soon and get back to you here.

2 Likes

Another thing, not all alerts in H2SA affect your rating. A good example is during Anathema when the guards find the Don’s body.

3 Likes

Well…

I have already mentioned that above. :slightly_smiling_face:
The only exception to my rule is a sniper kill.That alert actually affects the rating.But,in any other case if a target’s body was found,it wouldn’t affect the rating.

1 Like

Oops, my bad :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like