(SPOILER TROPHY TOPIC RELATED) The CARPATHIAN MOUNTAINS dilemma

But that’s just like your opinion man…I didn’t mind Hawkes Bay or Absolution as it made sense from a story perspective. Would I replay them? Not so much but I would not call them bad either.

1 Like

So on another thread you say we are negative because of other criticism, but you’re not negative because of your criticism? Just food for thought

1 Like

Hitman should have a mix of open world sandbox and linear sequences. Variety is the spice of life!

1 Like

I’d say true but i was against negativity before the game comes out, the fear of it being bad more than the critical aspect of it. This is confirmed and even if the level is fucking amazing it will never not be 6 levels. Just that.

That being said, you are right, so i’ll wait until the game comes.

2 Likes

One thing to note is the size of the sandbox itself. In H1 they were all roughly the same size taking the same amount of time.
But in H2 there are vast differences. Columbia/Mumbai were huge set pieces that took hours on the first run with enclosed targets, whereas Hawkes Bay and Whittleton Creek could be beat in less than 15 mins as you start off right in front of your targets.

1 Like

True. Whittleton and The Bank, while smaller, still had a lot more going on than Hawke’s Bay so if Romania can be more compared to them than I wouldn’t be bothered so much. If the 5 sandboxes are on the calibre of Mumbai, I also wouldn’t mind.

5 Likes

Bank and WC are better than Mumbai/Colombia for me, far better, so if there’s somewhere to choose, i prefer a map like that

But not another Hawke’s Bay please

1 Like

In some ways of sort of happy that there’s a weird inconsistency again with the levels. This is my OCD talking but I was worried that having 6 levels, 8 levels, 6 levels for each respective game would seem inconsistent. But it being more like 6, 7, 5, pleases me a little bit because now it’s consistently inconsistent. Still doesn’t mean I’m happy being lied to though.

1 Like

i dont even mind if the levels are small.
its the scripted linear stuff i hate.
hitman is unique because it offers freedom within the levels.
i hated absolution because of this.
blood money is still my favorite because it seems to be more of a sandbox than all the others. while the maps are small they are packed with replayability.

3 Likes

I feel rather enthusiastic about Romania now that I accepted the reality that it will be a smaller level. The premise reminds a lot of Snowpiercer and I always loved trains. I am rather curious as to how the skybox will work. I hope the surroundings are not looped and that there is change in the scenery. It would make for a very grandiose finale. I am certain IOI has allocated a lot of ressources to make the finale memorable as scripted as it may be.

5 Likes

I just wished we got six levels plus Romania. Even if it was a USA level.

5 Likes

I would’ve been fine if they hadn’t lied about it.

2 Likes

I’m disappointed that the level isn’t a full sandbox but I do think that it’s not only going to be “go from the back to the front of the train and kill everyone on the way”. Because even with only 5 mastery, they have to put at least one or two starting locations. And if it’s a purely linear mission, it would mean that you simply skip half of it, wich sounds weird.
So I think that there will be a twist like you derail the train, or it arrives at destination at some point, and go on a small sandbox from here. Also, I think that they wouldn’t go back to Romania and not show any of 47’s past by putting the entire mission on a train. But maybe it’s wishful thinking…

i really hope so. otherwise i would be totally disappointed

1 Like

Voted no, as firstly they did say they would be six full levels and no hawkes bay. Secondly it remains to be seen the final results but I will say that six levels wasn’t very impressive in the first place, it was what I thought of as “adequate”, as I was clicking the pre-order button. Not bad, seems ok for the money. That kind to thing.

4 Likes

Come out to the mountains, we’ll get together, have a few laughs…

1 Like