Still Playing H1 & H2?

• I only play H1 & H2 IN H3
  • I still play the original H1 and/or H2

0 voters

Curious if people who own Hitman 3 (with all the levels from H1 & H2) still have Hitman 2016 and Hitman 2 installed and if you guys still play them!? As soon as I got H2 I uninstalled H1 and I did the same exact thing with H2 when I got H3.

6 Likes

Yes I still play H1 for the featured contracts. I don’t play H2 anymore because everything there is in H3 apart from the superior briefcase throwing technique. There are also escalations in H1 that were never brought over to H2 & H3.

I do appreciate the difficulty in the first game with not having a briefcase, emetic devices and dart guns. Professional mode back then now called Master mode was more challenging as well; with silenced pistols and other innocuous items like bricks being illegal to carry.

8 Likes

If I should ever reinstall H1 it’d be to complete the huge back-log of Featured Contracts.

4 Likes

i only play everything with H3. but i’ve considered going back to collect things in H2 and try to play the featured contracts and escalations of H1.

2 Likes

Can someone explain to me what’s so special about the featured contracts from H1, I thought they were ported over to H2, then H2 to H3?

1 Like

Just installed Hitman 2016 three hours ago.
Few Escalations didnt play

2 Likes

No. I’m 95% sure they stayed in H1. But I’ll try to source that claim… … …

Edit: I watched a Mr. Fr… video. It was a featured contract called ‘Nice, Clean And Easy’ where you fiber-wire Toby Hicks in the Himmapan Hotel. And I’m certain there was never a contract like that in H2.

It was from 6 years ago.

It’d be nice if there were a list of FC from H1. :thinking:

According to the Hitman Wiki there were *245 FCs from June 2017 to Oct 2018.

*_“245”

I knew it was a LOT, but that many? Dayum! :astonished:

4 Likes

I made it, one sec:

As seen on the legacy community contracts thread

6 Likes

There are over 400 Featured Contracts in H1. I’ve been going over them for almost a year now and have only done about half of them.

5 Likes

Professional Mode is still interesting from time to time. As are the slower animations (ah, the old lockpicking). But it’s rare, like once every year or so.
I did completely left Hitman 2 behind though.

5 Likes

I still play H1 from time to time but since H2 was taking like a fifth of my hard drive I uninstalled it as soon as I got H3. I kinda miss the modded contracts and the electric phone though.

4 Likes

I play H1 only to play Sarajevo Six. H2 is uninstalled

4 Likes

I only ever went back to H2 for Holiday Hoarders and the Hokkaido Snow Festival until H3 brought them in. Now, I only go back to H1 to hear full dialogue from Diana in the ICA training facility and Colorado for story purposes.

3 Likes

I load up H2016 from time to time to complete FCs, but it’s been a while since I did that to be honest.

3 Likes

Huh, that’s very strange, coulda swore they were ported over. Also holy crap, 400 FC’s sound ludicrous!

4 Likes

I’d very much like to hear what you’re referring to here. I vaguely recall the Colorado bit (not really), but the ICA full Diana dialogue is new to me.

2 Likes

Diana doesn’t always speak after the ejector seat animation in the current version. She always does in H1.

3 Likes

Had they ported the H1 FCs I never would’ve been able to complete the ones in H3, or I’d still be grinding away at 'em. :laughing:

2 Likes

It is questionable if they are fun after the change of mechanics in H2. Those that were fun to begin with. :stuck_out_tongue:

When I remade a couple of mine I certainly did not port them all or did small adjustments. Tunnel Snakes Rule for example in the Marrakesh tunnel would be extremely easy now that targets are allowed to spot you and nobody down there is not a target in this one.

4 Likes

I reinstalled Hitman 2 last summer to do all the challenges I missed out on before starting Hitman 3 (and to make my guide of challenges that were cut from 3) but once I was finished I uninstalled it again. I still have Hitman 2016 installed cause there’s still Professional Mode for Marrakesh-Hokkaido to do and the Patient Zero missions. I don’t know when I’ll get around to doing them though, cause right now I’m replaying all of 3’s escalations on my alt account and I’m really wanting to complete all of 3’s main mission challenges again on my second alt account.

2 Likes