Subtle merch - imagine Ether Biotech, Sanguine t-shirts!

I like the official merch but my favourite gaming/film merch is the subtle stuff made by people like https://www.insertcoinclothing.com/ (for games) and https://www.lastexittonowhere.com/ (for films).

The idea is, instead of directly featuring the game or film’s name you use something more subtle like a logo from an in-world corporation, or bar, or something like that.

The fun thing is, for someone who doesn’t know the game, it’s just a logo. But when you pass someone who is into the game they will go nuts (I have been approached several times about my A.G. Systems t-shirt!)

The Insert Coin stuff, especially, is really good quality.

I would LOVE to be able to buy an Ether Biotech or Sanguine t-shirt! Anyone else?

Also, these are officially licensed so some of the money would get back to IOI.

11 Likes

Yeah, I 100% agree. I’ve often contemplate just printing my own t shirt with one of the in-game logos on it. Currently eye-ing up the Ragnarok Disciples logo from H3, reckon that’d make a nice rock and looking shirt

3 Likes

I haven’t started H3 yet, looking forward to seeing that!

1 Like

I sent a 1-liner email to InsertCoin suggesting they talk to IOI… You never know!

1 Like

Can I wear them with gloves or is that a separate outfit

Draufgänger

2 Likes

At least start of H2 I made some vector copies of a lot of logos but since then and changing laptops I think I’ve lost the files :pensive:

11 Likes

Won’t lie, I thought you started this thread since you were just talking about this…lol. Still agree with you that “The Class” shirt would work the best for this type of thing :+1:

3 Likes

Oh man those are lovely. Rangan Tower would be fantastic.

Well, let’s go I guess :eyes:

3 Likes

All I could think about during my first time running around the pit/VIP area of Miami was how much I’d kill for merch Aeon/Thwack/every other brand in the game. The idea of seeing some of the in-game companies on IRL merch reminds me of what they for Deus Ex Human Revolution: They had really cool Belltower/Sarif shirts that always struck me as being better because of the subtlety. It’s not just a matter of slapping the game’s logo on a shirt and calling it a day.

1 Like

Yeah definitely, and it’s all about the fit/quality/details as well.

Wouldn’t mind a white GAMA hoodie with one of the role insignia things on the back.

4 Likes

There is one on the ioi website!! Ordered it as soon as I saw it lol

How did I miss that?! I see the Thwack one, but no Sanguine or Ether Biotech sadly…

1 Like

I think it’s just the Ragnarok Desciples one they’ve got

1 Like