Switcher Gets The Lore of The Game Entirely Wrong and Others Correct Him

@thrison and could you expand a bit more on the Sapienza to help me correcting it?

The point of Sapienza was to lure the key bearer out so that Grey could obtain the second key he needed for the vault - though it had the bonus of Ether having Providence ties.

Silvio and Franny were just Ether workers with no straight connection to Providence.

That is correct.

Not necessarily. They have an important connection to Providence since they were working on what was going to be their ultimate weapon, but they weren’t actual members. Chalk it up to IOI not having the story fully straight yet when putting them on the wall.

Ken was a bonus, like the Ether virus. Grey only wanted Jordan dead to lure out his father, and was ok with such a tactic because Jordan had literally gotten away with murder. Giving the info to the Highmoores on where Jordan was and probably giving them the contact info for ICA was the extent of Grey’s involvement. The Highmoores wanted Ken dead on their own because he’s the one that not only got Jordan off the hook, but also destroyed their daughter’s reputation in the process.

Now, how anyone in this picture knew Ken was going to be at the hotel to meet Jordan, I have no clue. Maybe no one knew, as Jordan was in the dark and only Dexy was aware, being the one who summoned him. I’ve found no clear way that the Highmoores, ICA, or even Grey could have known he’d be there, so I can only assume it was a coincidence. I’m gonna guess that the Highmoores put in the contract on both men, and 47 was going to be dispatched to take care of Jordan first, and would then go elsewhere to deal with Ken after that. WoA has all of its openings with Diana greeting 47 upon his arrival at the location, so I’m assuming he gets a notice: “go to blank” and Diana compiles the info and video footage ICA operatives gather from the location into her little presentation. So when their operative was in Bangkok getting info on the hotel and what Jordan was up to, they spotted Ken there as well and reported it in. Diana assembled the report to 47 to include both targets in one go in response to this turn of good fortune.

1 Like

What

As far as I remember they’re just loosely connected to the militia as they use the Delgado submarines, but I can’t remember any mention of them being from Providence :x

There was a convo in Mendoza between two npcs mentioning specifically Andrea and Rico being “in their side” and “the lesser evil”, if that not indicating that they knew about Providence to say the least idk how to refer to them both.

And yeah I was wrong about Jorge ig, I left it open for anyone to correct my mistakes since I relized that I don’t know anything too, theres still a need for a full lore thread

Can you pinpoint that conversation please? Who the NPCs are and wheee they’re located in Mendoza?

But yeah, the Moreno cartel, mentioned in A Three Headed Serpent and in The Undying Elusive Target, are actually affiliates of Providence, as mentioned, if I’m not mistaken, in relation to Nolan Cassidy being the herald who had contact with them as he oversees Central America. That’s why Grey chose the Delgado Cartel; not only for their superior distribution network and methods, but because they were the direct competition of Providence’s drug dealers.

I’m uploading it unlisted right now, I’ll share it in less than 10mins, their convo starts as soon as the game loads in the Asado Chef starting location.

And a little correction to my quote, she said “Not if they’re the lesser evil. Rico Delgado was a son-of-a-bitch, but he was our son-of-a-bitch…”

By that context, I’m thinking their either meaning it in the sense of South American pride, since the Morenos seem to be based in Mexico and therefore North America, or they were getting their drugs from Rico and now have to get them from the Morenos aka Providence.

Aaaaaaannnnnnddddddd it uploaded :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Ok, so it’s pretty clear that whoever those two are, they are invited to Yates’ retirement party but are not part of Providence. Them seeing Rico as the lesser of two evils is in comparison to his brother, who is nutso, and they’re worried he’ll go to war with the Morenos. Also suggesting that he thinks his brother was killed by a “Moreno assassin,” which is technically true since the Morenos are a Providence front and 47 killed the Delgados as part of Providence’s contract. If these two were Providence, they’d know the Moreno cartel was their affiliate .

So, what does she refer to when she says “our son-of-a-bitch…” if not to Providence? Was there any other group that held the Delgado Cartel underneath their wings that was as big as the militia or providence?

Like I said in an earlier post, I think they mean that the Delgados were a home-grown South American cartel, and if the Morenos take over, then they’re gonna be beholden to a North American cartel. I think that’s what they’re getting at, because Rico was definitely not a Peovidence affiliate.

So all you say is: “They are not Providence, their whole disscussion is mistaken assumptions.”

An oversimplification, but essentially, yes. We don’t know who these two are with, but their conversation indicates a lack of knowledge of Providence, so whoever they are considering themselves members of, that’s what they seem to be referring to in calling Rico “our’s.”

So this confusing lore conversation, in a very lore confusing game, has only the intentions of throwing the players off? Man, fuck this game

Oh, dude, you have no idea. I’ve had a similar issue with the Novikov-getting-crushed-by-the-light-rig scene in Untouchable.

You say that the light rig isn’t canon? Then what was the point of having that kill in the Untouchable hallucination?

And whoever says “That kill isn’t canon because it’s not SA”, oh please, our master 47 always keeps his SA rating

I’ve covered it before but I think IOI just threw it in because they are fond of it, plus they had to deal with the mission story not completing so many times that they’re just throwing in a nod to it. I’ve also made the case that in-universe 47 envisioned it happening when he heard those guards talking about the light rig and his memory of picturing it just showed up in his hallucination. Since nothing else in that sequence was how things happened, why should that one be.

And yeah, that kill can’t be canon if it kills bystanders because that ruins 47’s record and he wouldn’t do that anyway. So either we’re supposed to ignore those deaths and treat it like Novikov is the only one who dies when that rig falls, and IOI just never got around to fixing it so that it’s only SA; or, it plain doesn’t happen.

Or it did happen and a lot of people died :relieved:

2 Likes

I’m not even mad at myself for getting so much of the lore wrong, this game is a mess lore wise, H1 without the 2 other games is just a bunch of cinematics that say nothing, the lore is all over the place and has multiple inconsistencies all throughout the trilogy, the fuck?

That’s why most Hitman players, including a large number of folks on here, don’t even bother with the lore or story of any of the games. Quitters, if you ask me. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes