Tell us how old you are without telling us how old you are

Sure do. Do you remember radio shows that would broadcast programs that you could record to tape? And searching for hours to find the “syntax error” before the damn thing would finally play?

3 Likes

Using an audio medium to record code was actually pretty brilliant back then. People remember the dial-up noise, but the sound of pure code was something truly special.

4 Likes

Britney Spears released her fourth album a month before I was born

4 Likes

I remember usin black and white tv in my room.
And i was born in the year when winter olimpics took place in Europe and summer olimpics in usa.
Also that year one us president won second term.

2 Likes

Somewhere between 2007 and 2009 because of the recession? I’m not exactly counting Eurovisions and I don’t want to spoil it by looking it up.

2 Likes

I don’t believe in the zodiac at all, but fun fact, no one is in the “right” group. They’re all off by one.

2 Likes

I watched The Terminator in a Drive-thru theater.

7 Likes

Is it one Zodiac sign forwards or backwards?

I don’t remember, to be honest, but due to the time since the zodiac signs were invented, and the movement through the solar system/galaxy of the planet, the signs aren’t in the right places anymore; or rather the dates associated with the signs are off by a couple weeks now from when they were first determined - so a lot of people aren’t really the sign they think they are.

2 Likes

I remember going to see Toy Story in theaters. At that age, I was a laugher; everything amused me, and I was notorious for this among my family any time we went to the movies. As we were heading into the theater to see Toy Story, my uncle said to me: “Now, [Name Redacted], don’t you do any unnecessary laughing.” My aunt responded to him, saying: “He doesn’t do any unnecessary laughing.” To which my uncle replied: “He’d laugh if they showed a hotdog on the screen.”

I couldn’t help myself: I laughed.

8 Likes

i remember seeing the fall of the berlin wall on the news but not understanding the big deal because i was, like, 9.

5 Likes

I was in high school when the wall fell (and taking German so it was an even bigger deal). We all watched it live. I remember watching the Challenger explode on live TV too.

4 Likes

yeah, i more remember the drop in atmosphere in the house rather than knowing what was going down. i remember my primary school teacher talking about it too. christ, i must have been 5 or 6?

My old man should be around your age then… he could merely walk when Iran qualified for the FIFA world cup, first time in history.

2 Likes

Well, I don’t follow soccer/football, but (quick Google check…) yeah, that checks out. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Did you by chance see two young men, roughly mid-twenties, with bald heads and barcodes tattooed on the back? Because apparently that happened.

2 Likes

Ha! Funny Birth of a Hitman comic reference. What ever you do don’t get Dribbleondo here. We know there “good” comics.

Psh, those goddamn things upset half the Hitman lore as we knew it up to that point. Why, I ask you, why is it that whenever a company responsible for a popular IP with an intricate story at the heart of its lore, so they never consult with me first?!

1 Like

There was a comic book? Aside from the little one page thing that they did for the deluxe edition of Hitman 3 (or maybe it was available for everyone… I have no idea), I didn’t know there was ever a comic book.

1 Like

Uh… yeah man, they released it after H1 came out. It basically foreshadowed everything we’d learn in H2, about Ort-Meyer being part of Providence, if the Shadow Client being Subject 6, and that 47 killed Diana’s parents.

2 Likes