The Battlefield Series

I tried it and all it did was stop EGS from being “unavailable”. I’m back to having this application error whenever I try to boot up the game. Can’t seem to find anyone who is having my specific issue.

Have you tried the EA Answers support?

I found help here in this thread

1 Like

I’ve left a comment on that thread, hopefully someone will get back to me about it. Thanks for all the help Norseman.

1 Like

I really hope this beta doesn’t dissuade you guys from your preorders. I’ve got a lot of mixed feelings about it (and I’ve seen other people say the same too)

I’d boil it down to this, after two sessions of 30 mins each

• The game looks pretty good.
  • Time to kill is pretty darn fast. Though I’m not used to/or enjoy MP titles that have fast weapons
  • There’s a cool system to drop in vehicles and utility tools to the battlefield (like the robot dogs)
  • The map and various props can blow up. Always nice to see in Battlefield
  • The HUD to mark friendlies and enemies isn’t that good. It’s tiny for friendly people and you’d better pray enemies get marked because…
  • Everyone looks the same.
    The gameplay is split between operators with unique perks and weapon classes (that you can mix and match weapons with)
    It might get fixed at launch when monetization gets implemented (but that’s a terrible way to fix a design problem), but everyone is just dressed the same and is one of 4 characters. It’s really hard to see who is an enemy, and they can sneak up on you easily.

It’s extremely chaotic and not in a fun way. I keep dying to people who I mistake for teammates, and shoot teammates who I see as enemies.

• The beta map is very big, running around on foot is not fun, especially on flat terrain when you have an operator that can’t spawn a vehicle.
4 Likes

I see a lot of people with mixed feelings about the beta, but honestly I’ve been having a blast. I think the gunplay and movement feels great and I never really keep an eye on the player model in games so the identical operators don’t really matter to me.

Last night, my friend got the VTOL and I got on the gunner which is a ton of fun. I think they made the helicopter controls easier, but jets feel quite unresponsive imo.

4 Likes

After playing the beta for some time, here are my thoughts about the beta.

Conquest have never been my cup of tea, I always disliked getting my ass kicked by a tank or Helicopter. I have always preferred smaller maps like TDM and Domination, so from the start I knew this mode would not cater towards my preference. But I managed to find some areas where I been able to engage in close quarter combat.

I have mixed feelings regarding the weapon combat, it doesn’t feel reliable. The time to kill is very fast, I might be a bit to fast. I don’t recall how it was in BF1, which is my favourite game in the series. The class I had most fun with was the Scout, also the roll I played the most in BF1.

My overall enjoyment is heavily tied to weather or not I can get to a place where there is close quarter combat. 99% of my overall playtime in BF will be in smaller modes, that cater towards my playstyle.

5 Likes

I’ve given up on playing the beta. I don’t mind too much really, I’ve watched some gameplay and read some comments and I get a general idea of what it is like. On PC, the beta is considered a seperate entity from the actual game, so hopefully my issues won’t be a thing when the real game arrives.

I think I’ll like the game, even if it is obviously pretty flawed. But then I think all the latest Battlefield games have had fairly dodgy launches, so I feel confident 2042 will improve onwards. I’m still looking forward to it.

1 Like

Well the marketing is building up to launch. Trailer showing off 3 of the new maps, they all look pretty fun but also very wide open. It’s going to be interesting I think how this play likes.

We all know what this is…

F for Matteo

1 Like

I realise this was a topic I created… I don’t feel the need to keep it open or host it. I’m not exactly a Battlefield “fan”, this topic isn’t being used much, the new game just isn’t good… If anyone wants to take-over or something, DM me and we can work out a transfer, possibly, with the admins.
I can’t delete this topic myself, though it’s probably better if I keep it up but closed.

Just making sure I could unlock/lock a thread. Cool!