The Birthday Thread πŸŽ‰

Happy birthday, @Pluche @Rimland!

14 Likes

happy belated birthday @scoobywizard @Serious_Pony @Pluche and @Rimland ! :birthday::moon_cake::sparkles::gift: hope you all had great days

16 Likes

Thank you all for the birthday wishes!!! :smiley:

14 Likes

Happy birthday, @Anthony_G! I hope you’re having a fun and relaxing weekend as well. :partying_face: :tada: :birthday:

8 Likes

Thank you very much ! :grin:

8 Likes

Happy Birthday, @Anthony_G !

9 Likes

Happy birthday, @Anthony_G :partying_face: :confetti_ball:

8 Likes

Have a beary happy burrday, @Anthony_G !

9 Likes

Bon anniversaire @Anthony_G !

:birthday: :partying_face:

8 Likes

Happy Birthday @Anthony_G! :birthday: :cupcake: :tada:

8 Likes

Thank you very much for all the birthday messages !
This forum is the first one where I’m really active because I really love Hitman and I don’t regret it. I think the Hitman community is one of the best I found !

10 Likes

Happy birthday @Anthony_G

7 Likes

Thank you very much !! :grin:

7 Likes

@Heisenberg Happy Birthday!

10 Likes

Happy birthday @Anthony_G and @Heisenberg !

10 Likes

So here it is, a birthday. One among many others, but this one is I think a bit more. And for that I think we will need to delve deeper into its meaning, both of the birthday and of the one it pertains to. I do that because I believe that if we go into the particularities of this day and what it can, even further does, mean in an absolute way we will be able to appreciate it even more. This topic had been open since the reopening of the forum in its new form, but it already was present before. This topic is a sign of community, the message posted here are not always curated, personal, but all come from the heart. In a way that is quite lovely. So I think we can at least dismiss the thought that all of this is a mere ritual made without any more behind it above a sense of cold obligation. This is actually not a thought that I ever had in me in recognized way. But it did cross my mind, because such is the way I think. After that we need to look into the common meaning of birthdays. They celebrate a year passing, a year that puts us closer to death. Should it then be properly celebrated? We can, but for that we will need to understand that the true celebration is the time that we appreciated together, instead of its course. We are not children anymore, years passing do not come with more possibilities, more perks, more gifts. They actually pass with the opposite for most of us. Up until eighteen and then everything down. And let us not even starts on the fact that a year passing is just a reflection of a calendar that was made because we were looking at seasons for foraging, preparation, and agriculture. I mean we are using the solar calendar, not lunar for a reason. I don’t do that because it would be a reminder of the current state of our world, which is full of crisis, droughts, food shortage, and many more to come. Nothing makes sense anymore. Obviously we also need to look at the time of the celebration. This is an international forum. Time-zones exists, and it is possible to wish a happy birthday too soon or too late to the recipient, outside of what is the actual day for them. They will understand, but it would not be a perfect celebration. And this is what we aim for, a perfect one. With Standard. Finally we need to look into the one we are celebrating. Do we truly know them. This would be a necessity to fully give meaning to the celebration. We obviously recognize them, but is it enough to say that we know them. Is being able to give a name and communicate it enough to say that one knows someone else? In practice we know some part of the personality, sometime part of the rest of the life of others, is it enough? Then again the same is true from them to us. A shadow celebrating an other shadow. It could be a stable equilibrium. Not the highest one, but a metastable one. It is satisfactory? I consider it this way. In the end this is just a forum post made to celebrate a life that happen to be seen through the forum. A strange new place brought by technology where humanity is at its rightful place, a social one. For we are not animals, nor Gods, and our place is among others. And celebrating this time is a joyful thing indeed.
And if you disagree with me, take relief in the knowledge that you are wrong while I am not.

So it is with genuine joy, and appropriate high standards, that I can post : happy birthday @Heisenberg ! :partying_face: :birthday:

16 Likes

Happy Birthday @Heisenberg! :partying_face: :cook:

10 Likes

Happy birthday, @Heisenberg.

16 Likes

Happy birthday @Heisenberg

12 Likes

Happy birthday, @Heisenberg :partying_face: :tada:

12 Likes