The Fromsoft Games Thread

I recommend finding a nice pair of shackles :wink:

2 Likes

i have no idea what that means and i am scared now

2 Likes

sorry for the double post, but i used the quick step ash of war that i bought from Bernhal on a katana… without duplicating it (i didn’t know about that).

anyone know of another one in the game or is that the only one? i’m happy with my choice but i’d like the opportunity to add it to other weapons.

1 Like

Big Coin-purse

2 Likes

holy sweet fuck thats a bunch of runes on an epic looking character

2 Likes

I’m pulling 17k runes every 15 seconds. Lmao.

2 Likes

Maybe some devs should look into some of their own games before judging others :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

I find it laughable how cookie cutter game developers are complaining when they are making experiences that aren’t worth the time imo.

People desperately wanted this game to fail with people even planning on review bombing it. All I know is this is up to par with Breath Of The Wild and I’m more than okay with it since both games are hard in their own ways.

3 Likes

LMFAOOOOOOOOO, Two studios that have some of the most average mediocre open world experiences diss a game for being actually good and worthwhile

1 Like

Well, what did Fromsoft expect? They didn’t have

• The quest where you stalk someone
  • The quest where you collect protection money for a gangster
  • The quest where you play as a different NPC who will instantly game over upon detection
  • The quest where you deliver a pizza
  • The quest which is literally just walking back and forth with dialogue in the hub area
  • The quest where you take drugs and have to walk really slow through a corridor with spooky music

If you don’t have those, you haven’t made a REAL open world game

2 Likes

slow news day for yong :smile:

2 Likes

Yeah but it’s still laughable for someone at Ubi to bash on a successful game :smile:

1 Like

An invader that joined our triple coop session got absolutely destroyed by our most powerful member, pvp with multiple people is fucking hilarious

1 Like

This is me playing elden ring. I never played dark souls or bloodborne. I missed the training part at the beginning and kept endlessly dying. I gave up and decided to take a look at YouTube videos and that’s how I found out about the training part. It’s a little better, but still I’m clueless.

5 Likes

first off, good luck.

if you need any advice, i’m sure someone here will have some wise words to share. just remember that if you’re stuck on anything, there’s a billion other things you can go and do. :+1:t4:

well, they’re certainly more qualified to talk about ux than i am :smile:

2 Likes

If there’s anything specific you’d like to know or are struggling to understand, I’m sure a bunch of people here would be willing to offer advice.

Just remember, if you meet a man named Patches, he is extremely trustworthy and will give you excellent advice on where to find treasure

4 Likes

liar ahead

20liesahead

2 Likes

Sounds like extremely trustworthy advice, I’ll find that fella!

I stopped watching walkthrough videos because that’s spoiling some of the fun. The only thing I need to know is - do enemies drop weapons? Can my weapons/shield wear down and break? When dying, I only lose runes?

2 Likes

not sure i have not seen it happen, they do drop the armour and sometimes spells their using though.

No they can never break

yea you only use runes, and a bit of dignity when its a stupid death

2 Likes

Khakiasp already answered all the other stuff, but to clarify this question, it all varies depending on the enemy. Most don’t, but some of them can randomly drop what they’re using whether that be armor or weapons.

However, not all of it’s random. In the cases of some enemies, (usually non respawning or less frequent ones), there is no random drop chance, and instead killing a specific enemy will get you X scripted drop.

If you need weapons, check with merchants, the ones you find in the early game sell at least one weapon in most of the major categories so you can try out the different movesets. You might think buying is a waste of Runes if you can find the weapons later, but in reality you usually can’t- Eg. I’ve never found the basic Short Spear out in the world, I had to buy that from a merchant

3 Likes