The H3 progress-carryover not working. (PC)

Hi I’m trying to carryover the progress from H2 to H3 but it only got the masters and not the locations. Later I got the message that the progress-carry was over but when I looked to see if it was all there I only got masters and challenges.
Thanks in advance

IO Interactive: To this very day, I still can’t transfer my Hitman progress over to Hitman 3. Still claims “no eligible accounts found”. Really miss my suits. I own Hitman 1 and 2 on Steam. I own Hitman 1 and 3 on the Epic games

I had re-bought Hitman 2 last month because I didn’t want to keep waiting for it to be free. My issue is in regard to Steam’s Hitman 2 not carrying over to Hitman 3 because it claims: “No eligible account found”.

My initial post was addressed to IO Interactive. I only want IO Interactive to respond because they will obviously understand what I’m talking about. (Regarding: No Eligible Accounts Found. In order to import my Elusive Target suits unlocks from Steam’s Hitman 1 and 2 into Hitman 3 on Epic Games)

are you sure both HITMAN 2 and HITMAN 3 is linked to your IOI Account. please provide a screenshot of the “owned products” page

Thank you for your rational response. Much appreciated. And there in lies the problem. For the past month I have tried to get help for this from IO Interactive by way of their Twitter as well as emails sent directly to them. They won’t respond at all to me.

When I log in to my IO Interactive account by way of the Epic Games store , it only shows that I have Hitman 1 and Hitman 3 on the Epic Games store. (Stadia also shows as linked because I have 1 and 2 on Stadia as well.) My Steam account doesn’t show up at all as being linked.

When I log into my IO Interactive account by way of Steam, Google or just using my email, it shows that that I own Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 on Steam. (Stadia also shows up as linked), but Epic Games store doesn’t show up as linked.

My registered email to every single one of my accounts : Steam, The Epic Games store, IO Interactive account as well as Stadia is exactly the same all across the board.

hmm i think you may be logging into two different accounts. try un-linking some accounts from one login and link them all into one singular login

Yep. Already tried that numerous times throughout the month and still doesn’t work. No matter what, my IO Interactive account doesn’t show all of my accounts linked.

It will either show Epic Games and Stadia linked.

Or it will show Steam and Stadia linked.

But it never shows up as, Epic Games, Steam and Stadia linked.

This has got to be a technical problem on IO Interactive’s end. Since I have the exact same email tied into everything and all accounts all across the board.