The Money System (that never came to be)

let’s agree to disagree then

1 Like

Et tu, Brute? :cry:

You Guys are stuck in this pick a level and play it 10 times in a row Mentality, when i play Hitman, i start with the first Level, play through the Game and start over from the first Level.

Back when Hitman had you made Profiles for your Saves, i deleted them after every Playtrough.

Thats how it was, thats how it should be again. i dont want to play fucking Bangkok over and over, because i need the 20th Mastery unlock for a good Strategy. i want to buy it, with the Money I’ve earned trough the Levels I’ve played before and move on.

I still can buy other equipment for another Playtrough.

7 Likes

And that is a bad thing why?

Good for you, you can still do that though. Both are fine

Not really no.

5 Likes

I wish the game’s ‘campaign’ mode encouraged this more. Id love a playthrough where my actions in a previous level had consequences on the ones ahead.

EG you pick one loadout before paris, and 20 maps later your at the end credits, without ever being promped to retry a successful mission. Things you acquire travel with you, and things you leave behind are no longer retrievable.

4 Likes

remember the time when you had to exit to the main menu to continue with the next mission?

1 Like

*slowly pushes another knife in*

Unfortunately can’t agree with you on this on tho Ochoa :cry:

Here’s my issue with the money system. The money system is pretty much just play better = more money so you can grind out the same really efficient SA route 10 times on a map to get the reward you want, there’s no incentive to explore. That’s literally what the sniper assassin levels were, just the same route over and over to maximise score.

Whereas the mastery system rewards you by asking you to explore and do new things. You can’t get to mastery 20 by grinding the same SA route. You have to try new kill methods, check out new parts of the map, do mission stories. And it’s now just a side reward to playing the game

From personal experience money systems just make me go “ugh I need an extra £xxx, guess I’ll just mindlessly do some stuff to make that”. On the other hand, mastery I’ve never noticed. I play the level, enjoy it, look at the achievements and go “oh that looks cool, I’ll do a run to try and achieve that” and then at the end of the run the game tells me I’ve increased mastery and get a cool little reward. It’s a treat for playing the game, not a chore.

I know the money system adds more realism to the idea of being a hitman but imo realism is less important than fun gameplay :man_shrugging:

TL;DR: Mastery is an extra treat. Money is a chore

6 Likes

And here I was going to say that IO should include weapon degradation for weapons and 47 needing to repair 'em using that hard earned dosh :stuck_out_tongue:

Didn’t know a system like this could be so divisive. :smiley:
Oh well, more old-school game systems for me and @MrOchoa then
215TApM

5 Likes

7 Likes

13 Likes