The Official Special Assignments Thread

decided since we’re getting more of these to make it into a full topic. This thread will cover any of the Special Assignment missions, which as of this writing are:

  • Illusions of Grandeur
  • Embrace of the Serpent
  • A Silver Tongue
  • A Bitter Pill
  • Undying Assignment
  • Herbalist Assignment

This thread will be of discussion of these missions, speedruns, videos, reviews, strategies, anything you find, but also speculation on upcoming Special Assignments for prior ETs and what challenges you think they will get and what you would want to see from them in terms of challenges, unlocks, changes and starting locations when ETs are made into assignments. This also isnt just for speculating on CETs becoming Assignments, but also what you would want for any prior ET if it got the Assignment treatment

And this is also as a thread for suggesting ideas, any suggestion made as soon as it’s posted is available for IOI to use

I wanna start this discussion by talking about the names and thumbnails of the Undying and Herbalist ET. What would you guys want the thumbnails to look like if they were redone and what new titles would you give them if they were renamed? As well as suggesting the same for any future assignments of other ETs

Me personally I think a fun idea for the Celebrity Special Assignments could be for them to recreate specific iconography associated with the mission but with 47 wearing the target’s outfit

As for names I thought of some for the CETs when they get made into missions, for Undying Assignment I think it could be named “Lazarus’ Project”, “Deja Vu” or “All You Need is Kill”. For Herbalist I think “The Devil’s Lettuce”, “Reefer Madness” or “Deep Cover”

I also think if The Politician got made a special assignment it could use the old Nightcall thumbnail

12 Likes

“Special Assignments? I don’t quite know what you’re talking about, but we do a thing called Featured Contracts…”

:joy:

7 Likes

Is IOI going to include the CelebrET Special Assignments in the same tab (SA with a bitter pile and so on), or is it going to add a new one?
Personally, I would appreciate a new tab to do the distinction between the old SA with the celebrET ones.

4 Likes

I’d like the same tab but with the inventory categories where you click the tabs to go between H2 Expansion, 2025 Celebs, 2026 Celebs, ETC.

1 Like

I don’t know whether a random fan making a thread makes something “Official”, but while we’re here… STOP JUST ADDING “Assignment” ONTO THE END, IO!

It looks so much tackier than merely repeating the ET title “The Herbalist” “The Undying”

Or put five minutes of effort in to thinking up an actual name.
Herbalist: “Green Out” “How the Cookie Crumbles”
Undying: “Repeated Rivalry” “The Last Briefing”

You already have someone thinking up challenge names, I reckon the mission title is far more important than that

Also what’s with the terrible images for them? Most people here could make better pictures than that for free and with no official tools. Even reusing the challenge image is preferable:

6 Likes

The guy who was previously making all the images was let go in early July as part of the fallout from Xbox pulling out of Project Fantasy. Whoever has taken on the responsibility isn’t anywhere close to his standard of work it seems, and this will probably be the new normal for a bit while their capability builds.

4 Likes