The Story Discussion (Spoilers)

I agree it makes me want the game more as it looks like a great product and better than I thought. Not sure I’d say an early show is a detriment, arguably more advertising for the publisher. Its different if say it was a film and he streamed it because he would be abusing the contract of personal use exclusivity.
But twitch and gaming videos are already out there with no restrictions from YouTube or precedent from other publishers. I’d say with it being this close to release any legal case would be weak and commercially pointless. It’d be a different story if the guy somehow obtained a copy illegally and this was a month ago, in which the case would be clearer his actions would cause the publisher detriment.
None of this is a professional legal opinion.

2 Likes

Really also these early streams happen alot for most games. The issue is the publisher has little control over the logistics particularly for online orders where they may have a time-limited contractual arrangement. It gets dispatched as soon as delivery capacity is available.
The only way to stop is if the release was entirely online.

1 Like

Now that 47 and Diana are no longer working for the ICA, I wonder if there’s going to be a difference in future games. I assume that the ICA amassed the intel, communicated with the clients, invented the gadgets, paid the salary and provided a level of security to our protagonists. Diana could probably do those as well, but she might have to downsize a bit.

And now that 47 directly attacked the ICA, even if they completely dissolved, there will be tens of furious ICA agents, handlers and higher-ups who lost their jobs, their funding and security, because of 47 and Diana’s little misadventure. Of course, many will know better than to cross Agent 47, but there will certainly be a few agents and handlers who would love to carry out a hit on him, or a board member who would send their own criminal empire after our heroes.

1 Like

The ICA is defeated. With a public leak it doesn’t make sense for them to continue.
I think the ending can be interpreted 2 ways, one as you say he is back and working with Diana, de ja vu.
The other more abstract interpretation is that 47 has his consciousness back, and his future is one for him to decide rather than based on assigned contracts by those with power.

1 Like

Yeah he still wants to be a killer but it is for the same reasons Diana has, to bring justice. It will be his own purpose and not following orders

1 Like

I’m just so happy Grey is all out of the picture after all!

2 Likes

Funny, I did not expect that ICA is the enemy during large parts of the story. Of course, Diana and 47 got on their hitlist when they started following their personal agenda, but I expected it’d only be Providence for the first 3 levels and then whatever cultist freemasonry illuminati reincarnation that magically turns out to be even mghtier than Providence for the last 3 levels lol.

Nice that Grey kills himself so early.

How long is the playthrough of H3? Does anyone know or have a estimate?

The stream from yesterday that was a full run through of the H3 campaign was done in about six hours.

2 Likes

But no deep diving into the maps so not too bad.

I think DIana and 47 now go freelance in a sense. Maybe. That’s what I got from the cutscene. After all, 47 knows he is too good in this kind of work field to leave it behind.

2 Likes

My main criticism from watching the stream is that it is not made clearer that Diana was on 47’s side all along, with the cosying up to the Constant being a massive ploy.

However, she is brilliant in Mendoza; better than I thought she would be. People are going to have a whale of a time with some of the items carried over. :slight_smile:

That was intentional to take the player for an emotional journey.

1 Like

No, no, I mean at the end. The revelation that she was playing a game of wits against the Constant would have - in my humble opinion - have been better explicitly clarified in that final scene.As it stands, this is only spelt out in a hallucination which, up until that point, had been playing tricks on 47’s mind.

Having said that, I adore the distorted revisiting of the previous locations in the hallucination, especially the way we get to walk the Parisian catwalk for a few steps.

2 Likes

imo, the scene with her taking off her Providence pin and throwing it into the fire is enough. It doesn’t have to be explictly stated because it’s showing that she was never actually in it for the power and she’s achieved what she set out to do and now she’s done with it all.

Hearing a conversation about how the plan worked would just be a bit… meh.

5 Likes

It stated in Edwards’ bio that he is “infatuated” with Diana in which he sees her as his intellectual equal and so he decided to attempt to outmaneuver her and convert her to his cause. This made him to trust Diana too much.

It reminds me of when Diana stated that she is 47’s weakness, now I feel like there is some irony in this.

6 Likes

I feel like there could have been a little bit more, like a mission between Berlin and Mendoza somewhere since the plot felt like it flew by on overdrive, but overall I liked it quite a bit.

Remember everyone, Diana knows 47’s weakness - handholding.

3 Likes

I didn’t like ending at all. This is absolutely tasteless repetition of Blood Money concept with even less sense. 47 was fooled by Diana like a child again. It mentioned that 47 got his memories back, so he should have remembered Diana’s parents too, right?
Even without taking this into account - it was pretty easy to guess what was happening. 47 the excellent poison expert did not guess why this deliberate touch was? Did he begin to suspect something only after completing the mission? Not buying this, even considering “Diana is his weakness” point.
I would also like to note this episode on the train. You have taken the most dangerous man in the world, he is still alive. Okay, you don’t want to kill him, but you should probably chain him up so that he cannot even move a muscle, place him under 24-hour video surveillance and install motion sensors? No, we won’t even tie him.
And the fact that Edwards also got on the same train with him is beyond stupidity.
I would also like to note 47’s reaction to Diana’s move. “I’m sorry” - what the hell is this? The merciless killer, who even the death of his best friend does not cause any emotions, unexpectedly regrets Diana’s parents. Completely outside of character.
I was never a hater of the plot of the new trilogy, but this ending ruined it for me.

2 Likes

Interesting to note that according to his target dossier, Marcus Stuyvesant is a very recent member of the Partners, only becoming one after the death of his father (who initially wanted Cobb to succeed him, not Marcus).

He had only been a Partner for several years and throughout his entire tenure Providence fell apart more and more. His daughter, who he wants to inherit the position, has no interest in the business. To top it all off, he gets killed by people who don’t have anything against him personally, but rather against the organisation he’s running.

Not a tragic character in the slightest, as he’s just another rich asshole, but I find it intriguing as to just how unlucky he is.

5 Likes

So the reason why he was so eager to get Diana on board with him was because he wanted her to get on with him?

I don’t know, I quite like the guy. Him reuniting with his daughter is genuinely heart-trending and he seems to be a fair boss. Does his biography state any particularly dirty dealings?

There’s a theory from this review of Hitman 3 by a Tumblr user of decent renown. Diana destroyed the ICA, but rebuilt it. Like Blood Money.

2 Likes