The Ultimate Hitman Memes Thread

is there a post (on the old forum maybe) where you go into details about why you dislike it so much?

1 Like

There are plenty of posts where I in depth talk about why it’s an overrated title, don’t get me wrong I don’t hate the game. It’s just the Hitman game I place lowest on my list.

5 Likes

i just don’t see how anything could be lower than absolution or even c47 for that matter

1 Like

33 Likes

i hope this meme gets old one day.
preferably with the release of H3)

1 Like

You mean it isn’t old already?

blasphemy-gif-3_570160_1

24 Likes

it isn’t because the issue is still there. read old as irrelevant

1 Like

Well at this point I feel if IO changed it back people would just complain and not even realise that it is the old lighting. In fact I wasn’t fond of the original lighting I am becoming less fond of the second overly bright and airy lighting (the best of a bad bunch it can be garish at times, just look at the meme) and the worst thing about the lighting now is the bloom which is an issue in all the levels.

There seems to be no way of lighting the level that will please both IO and us and IO have finally stuck to their guns on the issue.

I wonder where you got the inspiration :eyes:

3 Likes

have you actually visited the cave lab with the new lighting? it’s just unplayable. pitch black.

why though? i don’t see any basis for your assumption

1 Like

I am playing it right now for reference and there is one thing wrong, the bloom from the grotto entrance is too bright it washes everything out when I look into other than that visibility is fine for me.

Because I was being hyperbolic but IO have changed the lighting three times now. First the lighting was “too garish”, then there was the sickly green filter which everyone hated (I didn’t like it either) and now we have this fresh debate. Every time we make IO change their own lighting for the level it gets worse and worse. Like IO want to find some sort of Golden Mean between what they want and what the fans want even though none literally exists.

1 Like

The lighting director while adjusting the Bloom

200_d

29 Likes

I really do hope we can adjust the bloom. It is an actual problem with the game’s lighting and it is an issue in all the levels

2 Likes

the deepest part of the cave behind the virus building itself is the exact place i was talking about

i wasn’t around back then but i honestly don’t believe it was a major complaint among players. it looked perfect in all the old footage i watched, imo. and they changed all locations not just sapienza, so their reasons must be different than a large part of community disliking it

Honestly at one point I liked it but when you look back on it you realise @Danger_dog_guy_7 had good cause to call it Candyland lighting (at least I think it was him), if they had slightly toned it down it would have been perfect. I recall a few different people not liking it in fact the meme about Sapi’s lighting is from around that first change.

1 Like

well, doing a quick search on the archive also didn’t reveal any threads dedicated to lighting there in it first iteration, so i don’t know

Let’s not forget about people reacting to bloom in HITMAN 2

MY EYES!!!

7 Likes

"BLOOD MONEY IS OVERRATED"

me

lalalalala

12 Likes

Thick boi with small hands

17 Likes