The Workout Thread - Fitter, Faster, Stronger

First day back to the gym since the calorie festival that was Lollapalooza. If I don’t go today though I know I’ll never start back up.

Wish me luck :four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

Just found this thread and had to announce this. I’ve struggled with weight ever since i was 9 or 10. It got so bad that at this year in April, my weight was 132 Kg, at the age of 15 :confused: Needless to say I had gone into full depression including eating highly excessive and utterly dangerous amounts of sweets, pizzas and other stuff.

Then in may my dad finally found a personal trainer and this trainer, is the GOAT.I was really motivated to get started so I decided that I won’t even eat my birthday cake. The trainer’s really friendly and encouraging and helped me go from “cant lift for shit” to “lifting weights of upto 30 - 40 LBs as of now” It’s the end of August now and I’ve lost around 26 KGs, my weight now is 105 kg ( losing nearly 10-12 each month). My height is pretty good [6 feet 3 inches] so according to him, my ideal weight should be around 90-92.

I’ve noticed that my cousins and friends are a lot closer to me now, seeing how good I look now, seeing my progress and efforts that I’m putting into this. Funnily enough, some of them didn’t even recognize me, not kidding btw. I might post pictures later with my entire transformation [abs and stuff] later this year but for now this is my story so far…

Edit 2.5 MONTHS LATER - I hit 95 KG [my ideal weight] last month and I’m the youngest and most dedicated client as of this year! It feels great to be fit.

9 Likes

I’m so happy to hear you’re seeing lifestyle results. You deserve it with all the work you have put in. The world is not a fair place and fit people absolutely get treated better. I notice that as well. I have never been obese, but I have gone from really fit to a bit heavy and back and noticed the same types of things, especially from the first impression I get from people I have never met before.

Keep up the workouts. As you get more experienced in the gym you can maybe even get to a point where you don’t need a trainer.

3 Likes

Thank you so much, Yacob! I never thought that I’d get to this point. It feels so relieving knowing how good my progress is going. And yeah, it is depressing how being fully fit is pretty much the “get treated nicely” pass of life.

3 Likes

All other things being equal you’ll live longer too. :heart:

3 Likes

The new Gym’s grand opening is tomorrow.

10 Likes

How did you get this early access for your photos? :joy:

2 Likes

Being the instructor has it’s benefits. One more weekend and I’m a certified Fitness instructor.

8 Likes

I forgot you were doing that. I gotta get my butt back in the gym. I know it’s the holidays and a couple pounds gained is acceptable, but I’m also going to Roatan :honduras: in February. I wanna look good in my swim suit. December 1st it’ll be time to stop messing around and really get back to it. That’ll give me 2 months to get trim.

3 Likes

The trick is to never stop going.

I do a 8 week eating normal cycle, then a 2 week aggressive cutting cycle. During the two weeks, I’m going for a 24% Calorie deficit below maintenance.

Bodyweight in pounds x 15

So for example, let’s say you weigh 200 pounds:

• 200 pounds x 15 = 3000 maintenance calories per day.
  • Using a 24% calorie deficit, you’d multiply maintenance calories by .76 because 100% minus 24% gives us 76%.
  • So 3,000 calories x .76 = 2280 calories per day.

I always train with heavy weights for those two weeks, using a basic 5x5 program.

5 Likes

Could you please come over to germany and kick my lazy ass into doing some sports??

I think I have the right body type to look like Sagat from Street Fighter but sadly I’m a lazy Asshole :pensive:

8 Likes

If I’ll ever come over to Germany, I’ll be your personal instructor for a different kind of sport :muscle::beers:

An athletic body is temporary but beer is eternal.

7 Likes

You teaching me how to drink beer?

oVjGXZh

@Norseman, can you recommend me some exercises to build up some muscle in the lower back? I’m struggling with back pain through my job, but being the sports-dyslexic i am, i dont have any clue where even to begin.

5 Likes

Nah, I’m more of that little voice in your head that tells you that you don’t need exercises but you do need beer :grin:

4 Likes

I have seen your pics my dude. I know you know how to get after it!!! That plan sounds excellent. I haven’t seriously strength trained since I was in the Marines. These days the goal is gentler. I just don’t wanna be a fatty. I’m 5’10” (1.78 meters) and when I am actually working out I hover around 185 lbs (84 kg). The ultimate goal would be 175 lbs and right now I’m at 195. So it’s just a matter of being a little disciplined. Like you said, had I not stopped I wouldn’t be in this predicament, but 2 months is plenty of time. Maybe I’ll post a before and after belly tape measurement.

5 Likes

UPDATE! Muscle building is going great and this is the story so far!
The picture on the top left is from may 2021 and the rest were taken 2 days ago :slight_smile:

I lost a total of 40.5 KGs [90 LBs]

25 Likes

That is a fantastic progress man! You can be proud of yourself.

5 Likes

Awesome transition! Thank you for sharing your results with the thread, it’s not an easy journey. Now where you have reached your goal, has your goals changed? if yes then what challenge do you want to tackle next?

Personally my own quest for more muscle haven’t changed. I might have tackled it the wrong way, training with to little repetitions to progress much further and sticking to the same workout too long. From my newly acquired knowledge through my second education. I learned that 8-10 reps are fine for mass, but 15-20 are more ideal. That I should change exercise selection more often as an advanced trainer.

I basically been doing the same fullbody workout for al most two years without any real variation in exercise. My first real change was going from 4 sets of 10 reps to 5 sets of 10 reps. That helped with new stimuli and new gains.

I’m still training fullbody , but changed the exercises. Instead of doing, Bench Press, i’ll be doing Incline Bench, instead of pullups I’ll be doing bend over rows, Instead of military press I’ll be doing Arnold Press. Little variation goes a long way and I’ll be chaining exercises every 4 weeks before I become to efficient. Right now I’ll be using 15-20 reps per set. I have to go a bit lighter and keep the ego out of it. But hopefully I’ll begin to see new gains again after they stalled.

6 Likes

Throw some decline bench in there once in a blue moon too. Gotta firm up the bottom of those pecks.

2 Likes

The gyms are unfortunately closed where I am again. I miss my 21s. My biceps haven’t been in pain for weeks. :sob:

1 Like