Thread jumping to random post when opened

I’m no PC and it seemed to be really bad tonight. Like if I get a notification, click on it to take me to the post… But it was jumping upward…

I even had a notification of being quoted or replied to a good several minutes after I already read/seen the same post.

2 Likes

Ok, this has gotten so much worse. It’s now happening every time I go into any thread, I matter whether I’m posting or not.

3 Likes

The same for me. Up to the point where I’m often thinking about not coming back until its fixed. The Freelancer thread is booming, so I’m excited to read new posts, but my vibe is instantly ruined when the thread jumps to a random post and I’m lost in the thread. That shit has me like this:

throw-phone

2 Likes

Weird. I think today has been the first day I haven’t gotten the jump at all after a week and a half of getting it constantly. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

It always jumps 20 posts, if that helps in navigation. There might also be a “back” button if you press the post counter.

3 Likes

I’ve only got one or two PM threads that exceeds 20 posts, but I’ve checked and it’s even doing it in there now too!

1 Like

Yeah, happened to me too, always 20 posts back on a lot of threads.

1 Like

This has stopped happening to me now, it’s so much better! I was getting used to pressing Back in every thread I opened.

1 Like

We updated recently, so it could indeed be fixed. Also the patch was quite big. The changes seem to be not really visible “on the outside” but if you notice some new issue let us know. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

At least on my end it looks like it worked. Thanks on you all for looking at, and seemingly solving the issue.

It’s also a bit amazing to see how quickly I took the habit of looking at the scroll ready to us it. Going directly at the right post now almost feels like cheating. Almost.

4 Likes

When was it updated? It’s still happening to me on mobile version :frowning:

1 Like

You possibly have to delete the cache of your phone browser to take effect. The patch was yesterday.

3 Likes

Seems this issue had gone, but I noticed another inconvenience.
I know this is not forum’s issue, but the engine one, however name tags now are barely noticeable which is not convenient in my opinion.
Hope it will be changed or reverted in future updates

2 Likes

@Count.Rushmore <— Do you mean these tags?

1 Like

Yes

1 Like

It’s true that the background colour of the tag is not much different from the background colour of the thread and its posts.
For me personally, that’s a very minor annoyance though. As long as people, who are tagged, still get their notification, I could live with it :wink:

1 Like

I mean I’m not against updating it via CSS but like… any suggestions (for both Day/Night) ?