Top 5 favorite maps of all WOA and 3 Worst

Can someone tell me why Mendoza is so hated?

2 Likes

Because like the Isle of Sgail, anyone who tries to do a SASO run can’t really do any of the scripted kills, especially the “canon” one of triggering the meeting of all the Heralds with both Diana and Vidal in attendance. You would think you could trigger the tour without getting involved by simply using distractions to place the grapes on the tour guide’s table and let it play out, but noooo, you gotta get his or Corvo’s outfits. And even if that had to be, neither they, nor the sommelier wear gloves, making glove-lovers forsake their desired play style.

Those are my reasons, anyway.

Personnaly the reason it would be a bit lower for me is because it’s a great narrative map, but a bit of a let down in gameplay.

The scripts and dialogues are some of the best in the trilogy.
In free form gameplay, you have one easy to obtain all access disguise (mercenary) with no reason to not use it.
Navigation can be a challenge in 30 second bits (how do I enter the back garden, how do I enter the villa), but not in a larger sense like Hokkaido is.
Also I’m a bit disapointed that the asado fire pit never gets lit by itself (like the race in Miami would end after 15 minutes). Same things with the tour (I still have no idea of the full list of what can trigger Diana to go down to the fields, I know knocking one of the two guides starts it, but even then the tour never starts).

It’s a great story climax, but not a great game climax. It’s still one of my favourite experience in the trilogy, all those references !

And even then I appreciate the subversion of some of the mechanics (mr rieper story mission).
It shined a bit more in some of the escalation though.

6 Likes

Hmm Top 5 been thinking on this and will be interchangeable throughout

Favourite
Hokkaido - Whole map feels well designed with fun gameplay gimmicks and great atmosphere

Sapienza - Great Map overall for contracts, Escalations and challenges though I do prefer Landslide as a mission over The World of Tomorrow

The Bank - I quite dig the smaller confined feel of this map and a good example of additional objectives done right.

Berlin - Dark and Moody done right without the vibe of trying too hard. Really took a while to get the layout of this Map down and felt really rewarding doing so.

Mumbai - The size and density of this map is something to behold with a good mood to it and plenty of creative ways to take the targets (The Kashmiran being the best) while having a good difficulty to it.

Runners-Up (which will likely be in Top 5 after a few months)
Dartmoor- Love it but other then the main target it feels too static, the other family members need to roam around more.

Miami- Great map, only held back by the main mission targets being too easy to kill. Plus can’t see this map working well with a Bonus mission as too connected to the race event.

Worst

Columbia- Just feels like 3 maps stitched in to one by long tunnels which makes getting around a abit of a drag. Plus the mood wants to be dark but the targets and means of assassinations are little too silly for it to work.
I want to think of something positive but I do struggle with this one…

Bangkok- As mentioned before dull target routes and a hassle going for SO runs. Does have some fun kill methods once past the limitations, a nice mood to the place and fun for contracts. Patient Zero Campaign helps but still feels tad limited.

Chongqing- The Street side of the map is great but when a good chunk of the map is dedicated to a dull office setup, it just kills the mood for me. Add with dull target paths and too many easy ways to kill the targets it just doesn’t work for me. (If they had few more roamers between the building and Offices that would of saved it from the worst)

Runners-up for Worst.
Marrakesh - This is only saved due to a House Built on Sand but the main mission has great market area which never gets used and instead given more limited level design in the Embassy and the School.

7 Likes

TOP 5

• Sapienza
  • Mendoza
  • New York
  • Berlin
  • Miami

WORST 3

• Carpathian Mountains
  • Hawke’s Bay
  • Colorado
2 Likes

Hi, I am also new to the game, i am playing the game for like 5 months now. But eitherway my top 5:

*New York
*Hokkaido
*Dubai
*Miami
*Sapienza

Worst 3 Maps:

*Colorado
*Hawke’s bay
*Carpathian mountains

4 Likes

Picking a Top 5 is absolutely not possible, because a lot of the ones I really love are neck and neck.

So I’m gonna cheat, and add “runners up”:

• Mendoza
  • Chongqing
  • Mumbai
  • Miami
  • Sapienza

Runners up that might as well have been on the list if I was in a different mood:

• Hokkaido
  • Paris
  • Dartmoor
  • Haven Island (though the terrible way guards detection cones have been “improved” here almost kills it)

Bottom 3 (I am gonna only do “proper” missions for this, as picking Carpathian Mountains, or the ICA Facility or some shit isn’t very interesting)

• Bangkok
  • Colorado
  • Isle of Sgail

Out of these I overwhelmingly dislike Bangkok the most. It’s just not fun to traverse, feels limited compared to other better levels, the cameras are just annoying (removing the second security station was a poor decision), and so on.

Colorado gets too much shit, yet it’s among my least favorite. Isle of Sgail has a lot of stuff going for it, but it just feels too rigid in its mission stories.

4 Likes

What doesn’t work for you? I just did an SA/SO playthrough by placing the grapes on the table and the tour both starts without me getting a disguise and finishes and goes into the dinner with Yates and Vidal.

4 Likes

Are you fucking kidding me?! I tried that shit and it wouldn’t let me put the grapes on the table!

Wait… what outfit were you in?

2 Likes

I was in my suit, same I started in. Maybe you’re having problems because the one grape picker dude needs to be told to leave and get grapes first.

The whole Mission Story is kind of broken though, for instance, the meeting with Yates will start, but he’ll never drink the wine this way, and of course the end of the MS forces you to dress as an elite guard before Don Yates goes up to talk to Diana so if you want to do it any of those ways they’re still impossible in just your suit.

There’s a proximity trigger on the map as well, which actually causes the meeting to start, as well as the somelier to bring the wine to the meeting, but this one doesn’t seem to work with the tour triggered (probably because some “helpful” devs don’t want us to miss the opportunity to dress as the somelier).

4 Likes

The mission story is broken?

Mendoza is broken.

:laughing:

1 Like

5 favorite maps:

• Sapienza :it:
  • Miami (this map is better than Paris) :us:
  • Mumbai :india:
  • Mendoza :argentina:
  • Dubai :united_arab_emirates:

Honorable mentions:

Maldives :maldives: (I just wish there wasn’t the storm)
Morocco :morocco: (I love this map so much. It is the morning and night version of Mumbai)

3 worst maps:

• Carpathian Mountains :romania:
  • Chongqing (aesthetically the city part is beautiful but everything else was lackluster) :cn:
  • New Zealand :new_zealand:
2 Likes

Oh, then it doesn’t even matter. I don’t understand why you can’t trigger the whole thing through without getting directly involved, like the stuff you can do with the Kashmirian in Mumbai. Or at least have a fully-gloved version of the type of disguise you need to get. It limits the enjoyment you can have in Mendoza for a purist like me.

Favorite:

• New York
  • Paris
  • Mendoza
  • Chongqing
  • Hokkaido

Honorable mention to the Isle of Sgail which has grown on me more than any other level and almost made my top five.

Least Favorite:

• Bangkok
  • Bangkok
  • Bangkok
7 Likes

chongqing disapointing little but still i like the map and the environment :slight_smile:

1 Like

Top 5 favorites (in no particular order):

• Berlin
  • Sapienza
  • Hokkaido
  • Miami
  • Haven

Runner up: Paris, New York, Mumbai, Mendoza

Top 3 least favorites (in no particular order):

• Bangkok
  • Whittleton Creek
  • Carpathian Mountain

Runner up: Santa Fortuna

Man Chongqing is a really divisive map. I love it. It’s a little lackluster in the mission story/opportunity department but it’s a dream for routing freaks. An uber-vertical Swiss cheese tower.

2 Likes

To be honest, I really didn’t care for Hush’s or Imogen Royce’s locations. The city part was the best part of the map but only a tiny section of it can be explored.

3 Likes

you are true i agree its could be better to open more street and hush building make more asthetic in chinese style like lee hong castle or something

1 Like

So much Bangkok hate. :frowning_face:

It’s a good challenge for any player on Master, SASO.

There are also a few great contracts on it. Other than that, it isn’t my favorite either.

2 Likes