Transferring from PS4 to PS5

Good Morning All,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I just wanted some advice from someone who may have done this already.

I’m currently on PS4 and thinking of getting a PS5. I have all the Hitman WOA games (1,2 & 3) and have pretty much unlocked everything apart from the sniper rifle from the Siberia sniper assassin map.

When I bought my PS4 version of Hitman 3 I got the free digital version of PS5.

So what I want to know is, if I get a PS5 soon and download the digital version of H3, will all of my progression and unlocks carry over? And will I have all of the locations from the first 2 games as well? (When H3 was released I downloaded the legacy packs etc.)

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it’s the same account and counts as the same platform. You won’t lose anything apart from your PS4 savefiles.
All trophies you unlocked on the PS4 version will pop for the PS5 trophy list, and if you didn’t earn the platinum trophy yet, all trophies you then unlock on the PS5 version will also unlock on the PS4 version of the set.

Everything you earned and unlocked in the game will stay.

2 Likes

That’s great to hear, thank you for replying.

So one last thing: When I download the PS5 digital version of H3, I’m guessing that I will need to download the legacy packs again to enable me to have all H1 and H2 locations under one roof?

I genuinely don’t remember, but that’d be obsolete knowledge anyway: H3 will become Hitman World of Assassination in exactly one week and include all of H1 and H2.
Unless you find a PS5 to buy before next Thursday, you won’t have to worry about it.

Ah right yeah. Well I wasn’t going to get one in the next week so that solves that.