Turorial for Newbie

Hi Just finished Cyberpunk 2077 so thought I would try this out. Haven’t done Hitman 1 or 2.

Need some help as the tutorial leaves you high and dry.

Got through the first phase ok but cannot complete the ‘advanced’ phase. I board using a technicians outfit and get a security guards outfit. While I progress towards the target I get sussed every time. How do you do this?

1 Like

The target is an enforcer for every disguise. You have to blend in at the bar dressed as a crew member in order to avoid him detecting you and wait for the meeting to trigger. As long as you stay out of sight you can kill him however you want once they go to his office.

1 Like

Thanks for that but that is phase 1 which I completed. The next phase is different and the tutorial says I should enter as a guard.

There’s nothing that says you have to keep the guard outfit. The point of advanced training is to get you to explore different ways of eliminating targets so you can get there however you please.

2 Likes

You’re supposed to explore all the possibilities. Spoilers below but if you really need a hint try these.,

1) you can take the costume of the guy Ritter is meeting (white suit and white hat guy) 2) you can go up to the top floor of the boat can drop the lifeboat onto the target. This will result in other people dying too, but the fun of Hitman is in the freedom of approach.

2 Likes

Thanks Jacob. I am pleased to say I solved it just before your reply. One thing, If you pickup something you didn’t want and wish to drop it or want to choose one of the several things you have picked up how is it done?

1 Like

What are you playing on? If it’s PS4 or Xbox it’s done with the directional buttons.

1 Like

I am playing it on a PC. Sorry to be a pain but if software writers included instructions for the game we wouldn’t need to ask such apparently ignorant questions. Took me about 2 weeks to get to grips with Cyberpunk and even then, there were functions I am sure I never ‘discovered’. How to play a game should not be a journey of discovery in terms of routine key functions to make the game work! Moan over…

I’m gonna teach you the first thing someone taught to me: A white dot over someone’s head means that npc can Spot you.

Other than that, just see if you enjoy the game. If you do, you will play a lot and eventually learn in the process by your own, enjoy!

2 Likes

Thanks Pea. All help gratefully received!

The beauty of this game is: Try everything. Learn from it. Try something else. There are so many possibilities. You don’t have to finish every challenge in one level, move on. Try a different map, go back later and suddenly you realise you can apply something you learned on the other map.

2 Likes

And pay attention to the guests. They talk about things that will become relevant later in the game. We seriously have the best writers :relaxed:

1 Like

I don’t know how on PC but there has got to be an options page where you can change the buttons or at least see what does what.

You can find and tweak the controls in the options menu.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips guys. I know newbie questions can be a pain in the arse!

I am starting to really understand and appreciate the numerous ‘explore’ options which makes the puzzles challenging and fun.

1 Like

No worries. We were all new at some point.