Unarmed kills are boring

I will never play a contract that features unarmed kills. Besides drowning, its the most boring kill method in Hitman imo.
You have DOZENS of cool gadgets to create interesting kill conditions, why on earth would you choose to do unarmed kills? Please dont tell me its satisfying. I think its about as satisfying as cold soup on a winters day. Yet it seems to be the new trend when it comes to contract creation. Its at the very bottom of creativity, and I will always avoid it. Any other players that feel the same?

2 Likes

You really should play my featured contract ā€œSĆ¼ĆŸer die Nacken nie klingenā€. :stuck_out_tongue:

Neck snaps on conscious targets create noise other NPCs investigate.

12 Likes

Any method will always be better than an optional method. Sometimes the kill method might be all part of the challenge. I see Urben replying. His one Paris neck snapping contractā€¦ Jesus!

I think it all depends on the amount of work involved. If Iā€™m required to blow up a target - that usually means I have to get them isolated (so thereā€™s a challenge there), or theyā€™re ā€˜Fish in a barrelā€™ easy, lazy af targets (and little to no challenge). Iā€™d have less interest, maybe even roll my eyes when thereā€™s an explosive device kill requirement. And I know how much you LOVE those kind of kill methods. If I get a body found when they go BOOM then I feel like Iā€™ve wasted my time, and then the contract feels tedious. Hey, butā€¦

Different strokes for different folks.

For instanceā€¦ I love sniper kill contracts, but find it boring to shoot targets at the end of piers so they just go ploop right into the water.

2 Likes

Ok, never knew that. I always though it was a silent killā€¦

1 Like

I just think the ā€œsubdue from coverā€ animation, where 47 ambushes the target as they enter a door/walk around the corner, is really cool. One of my favorite kill methods for that animation alone.

2 Likes

If 47 doesnā€™t really use his pit stick, then you should have possibilities of a quicker release of armpit gas, that temporarily stuns the NPC instead of a more laborious neck snap or more permanently unconscious state.

1 Like

As a creator of a FC with lots of unarmed kills, I think they can be entertaining af if done properly. If the targets themselves are hard to get to for example or if they are armed and/or surrounded by armed people, then it can be a fun challenge getting close to them and isolating them, especially if there are other complications (optional or not) and if you have to eliminate disguised as a certain outfit. In conclusion, I think you should give all contracts a try and who knows, you might enjoy some!

But then again I am a little biased.

1 Like

Though itā€™s a funniest and most spectacular unarmed kill :slight_smile:

1 Like

dude chillā€¦
unarmed kills can be challenging to allot of players,
when you are forced to make do with what the map offers the game feels like a puzzle
we beat every map in the game many many times and to be honest and in my opinion its boring to kill targets using anything that makes the game easier for me
we ran out of missions and maps and now people are just looking for something more challenging