Unpopular opinions about Hitman

ahaha as soon as i saw three replies were made, i knew i had struck a chord.
why?
it’s enjoyable. it adds an element of unnecessary difficulty while being funny

3 Likes

I liked the joke that a cocain brick is okay but you get shot for holding an apple.

10 Likes

Ah, it’s just a pressed ice. Or flour. Nothing suspicious

4 Likes

Let us not even talk of the bloodstained cocaine brick.

Nothing strange here sir. Just some healthy protein, iron and energy powder. In the meantime, this :

This is obviously an abomination, it is an insult to every guards on earth and you deserve to be shot by them all if they see you with one.

11 Likes

18 posts were split to a new topic: The ICA at the end of Hitman 3 (Spoilers)

General reminder the purpose of the thread is light-hearted fun, and that if you want to post a long/complicated opinion the best place for it is - its own thread - that way the people who want to discuss that particular topic can find it easily.

Also if someone makes a side comment and you wish to go on a noteworthy tangent - use the Reply As Linked Topic option.

4 Likes

I think this is an unpopular opinion on this forum but I love the Santa Fortuna mission Three-Headed Serpent. It’s an amazing map. It really makes me feel like I am in a South American country and I love killing cartel members :smiling_imp:

But I would improve some things about the level though. I would make it more difficult to infiltrate the Delgado mansion and Andrea’s area. I also dislike how many clones there are especially in the village. In my opinion, many of the villagers don’t even look poor :woman_shrugging:t3: A lot of the women are wearing clean clothes and sneakers

8 Likes

Courtesy of their benefactors, the glorious Delgado cartel :sunglasses: (or maybe the local women are just damn good at doing laundry :man_shrugging: )

4 Likes

I was playing Santa Fortuna with a friend and she asked me why are all the women wearing blue shirts. She thought it was a holiday in Santa Fortuna :laughing:

1 Like

Call me crazy but I seriously consider Santa Fortuna to be the Sapienza of H2. And three headed serpent is one of my top favourite missions in the trilogy. I still think it would’ve been better if it was a bit less spaced out but its still good.

Embrace of the Serpent though, can go to hell :angry:

5 Likes

The only problem I had with Santa Fortuna was the lack of ways to get the three targets together. I think when they created Haven they took that criticism to heart and provided at least one mechanism to make the three targets meet up. The maps where there are more than a couple targets needed that. It felt silly to me that with that many targets on a single map they wouldn’t have at least some excuse to actually talk to each other.

Colorado has a meeting between Parvati and Rose but the other two are largely left to their own. Mumbai has a meeting between Kale and Shah but Dawood just stays in his tower. In Santa Fortuna you can get Delgado and Martinez to meet up but Franco stays in his cocaine operation. Haven was nice in that the data center opportunity got all three of them at once.

3 Likes

To be fair, you can get Dawood to leave the tower and meet up with another target

1 Like

Mumbai in total has many ways to make targets meet up, it has:
shah and dawood at the beach front
shah and wazir at the abandonded train yard
Dawood and wazir at the boat near the dawood rangan tower construction site
And to make wazir meet up with his wife by raising the flag.

6 Likes

It also has a meeting between Rose and Graves, and you have that one brief meeting between Graves and Berg as well.

4 Likes

That wasn’t the point though. The point was that many of the maps have ways to make some of the targets meet up but rarely do all of them meet when there are more than two. In speaking about Santa Fortuna it would have been nice for at least one way to get the three to meet. The others I mentioned were just examples.

3 Likes

I thought it was odd that in the briefing, you see all three targets at the Delgado mansion but there’s no way to make that happen in game.

5 Likes

Agree completely. It’s an absolutely beautiful map. And I love how all three targets have a means of either dropping them to their deaths (off a waterfall, into a hippo pool, into the river) or feeding them to something (the cocaine machine, again with the hippo pool, again with the river, which had piranha). It’s definitely one of my faves, mostly from its visuals. Again, this map, with its green forest, bright flowers and rushing water, echoey sounds of birds and animals all around, is far more beautiful than the ones who usually take that title: Sapienza and Mendoza. Which leads me to…

Unpopular opinion: the often hailed beauty of Mendoza is overrated. Yes, it is a beautiful map, but so many have said that it’s the most beautiful in the trilogy, and that’s not even close. Hawkes Bay, Colombia and Haven Island, in that order, alone surpass Mendoza, with Sapienza, Miami and Hokkaido running about even with it.

6 Likes

You forgot about the rainy Streets of Chongqing, but otherwise i agree with you

5 Likes

I considered including Chongqing, but I was hesitant, since the rain and violet neon colors are it’s saving grace, but the cityscape itself is hard to consider a scene or beauty, so I left that one out for subjectivity.

2 Likes

It was time to update my Hitman Installments Ranking. It now Includes Hitman Go and Hitman Sniper.

1. I’m not Joking.
  2. Even the last one in the list is a generally good game because it’s Hitman nevertheless.

H2SA = HITMAN > HITMAN 3 > HITMAN 2 > Absolution = Hitman Go > Hitman Sniper = Contracts > Codename 47 > Blood Money

4 Likes