Unpopular opinions about Hitman

We all know what this thread is about, this is the thread where you have the chance to shock the forum regarding your view on specific parts of the series.

It wouldn’t be right if I weren’t to start your off. So before you choke on your Christmas dinner, bare over with me.

The portrayal of 47 in Blood Money is a betrayal of his character and the game should never been the seen as the standard we measure the other games upon.

Now it’s time for you to share your horrible views with the rest of us.

11 Likes

Not sure it’s an unpopular take, but: I reckon regardless of how good Hitman 3 is, the reviews for it are going to be good to average. I’m betting we’re going to see alot of reviews along the lines of “it’s just more of the same”, especially after Hitman 2 added 2 new modes and a ton of new items, and Hitman 3 seems to be adding a few new items and no new modes. Think we’re going to see alot of 6 and 7 out of 10s.

7 Likes

Rubberducks are not so funny as IO thinks and they are terribly overused.
The Fish Melee Weapon is also not funny. Wheres my cardboard tube, IO?

29 Likes

Oh god yes. To be quite frank they overstayed their welcome. The best use of the Rubber Ducks can be traced back to Codename 47 at the Asylum fetch quest.

They are over exposed to the point where I wonder why 47 doesn’t use them as his logo.

10 Likes

The new logo from that one trailer recently is quite good.

13 Likes

Great minds think alike, Mads!

3 Likes

Colorado is a good map even though the main mission isn’t.

11 Likes

Absolution is a great game

This thread was created exactly for this statement

11 Likes

Sorry but I can’t like this post, I might have to flag it.

4 Likes

Blood money just ain’t that good,

Silent Assassin is the real masterpiece

16 Likes

I think you are looking for the obvious fact thread :wink:

6 Likes

Colorado is a better Mission than Bangkok.

20 Likes

Here’s how it goes:
Club 27 > Freedom Fighters
Colorado > Bangkok

5 Likes

In what way can I ask that makes Colorado better without its main mission? If you ask me, Colorado might be the worst map in the game for Contracts because there are no interesting disguises to utilise, and few interesting places to set up a kill.

4 Likes

This is the truth. Yes

6 Likes

Hitman is the same as Terminator - the second one is a great Sequel but just not as good as the original.

3 Likes

It’s the other way around for me. Yes Blood Money is overrated, which I agree on, but Hitman Silent Assassin is a terrible gameplay experience most of the time. Levels and features are good, but the guard AI is so fucked up and unpredictable that its hard for me to enjoy the game. That and not running be default makes me not like it.

Personally, Contracts is the one which deserves more love. Always in the shadow of the others.

14 Likes

The main mission has too many targets and way too few kill opportunities, even though some of the mission stories are really fun. The map itself however is enjoyable to navigate, especially suit-only, has good opportunities for different accidents and is also good for sniping contracts. I don’t find the disguises any worse than in other missions, I like how the sections are assigned to different groups. Plus I love the autumnal aesthetics and the setting per se. I definitely prefer it over Bangkok and Marrakesh.

I agree, the game leaves a lot to be desired. It’s well designed, has interesting locations and all but the core gameplay could be much better. When I’m playing a game I want to know exactly how it works and that when something goes wrong I know it’s been my fault.

2 Likes

I prefer the Hitman 2 lighting over the Hitman 2016 lighting. Even with all the unecessary bloom Hitman 2 has.

4 Likes

People who copy and change your strat slightly in speedrunning isn’t stealing, they literally just improved your run for you.

9 Likes