Unpopular opinions about Hitman

One thing I think skews the answer to all these questions is when you played it. If you play the games now it’s a completely different experience. I can’t play any of the older games I just have no patience and would agree that that AI is fucked up. But when it came out it was the greatest thing ever.

6 Likes

I wish I played the original. Since I don’t play on pc never got a chance to play Codename 47. Soooo with that logic H2 SA is the first for me. Lol

1 Like

Niels Bye Nielsen > Jesper Kyd

20 Likes

29 Likes

i feel like theyre not comparable tbh.
Niels makes dynamic, atmospheric music that has to adapt to various situations in the game.
Kyd makes full tracks that you could listen to by itself, like an album

16 Likes

Diana doesn’t talk enough and Nightcall is the best mission in Hitman 2.

10 Likes

Atmosphere-wise? Yes.

THAT is debatable. i hate that most of her Dialogue now happens during the Missions, while in the old Games she briefed you and only spoke to you on special occasions during the mission.

6 Likes

they are very different, but the diversity and atmosphere of the tracks in the newer games just push all the right buttons for me.

Jesper Kyd still made some absolutely incredible tracks, with quite a few of them in my playlist. Its hard to say what exactly, but maybe I just prefer the tone of the newer games to the older ones.

I really like Kyd’s music, but Nielson’s is perfect for me, and in my opinion, a better fit for this trilogy than Kyd would have been

7 Likes

I’ve always kind of wished that Diana would talk (a little) in Contracts Mode. I missed her when that was all I was playing. :frowning:

6 Likes

I like her talking that much during the missions, just some things are unnecessary like her “THAT is blablabla”. And another thing I’d like to have is that we hear her voice coming from a headset (as in the homecoming cutscene). That would be helpful for the atmosphere.

8 Likes

Hitman Contracts is more satisfactory to play than SA and Blood Money, specially figuring out the SA/SO strategies.

7 Likes

joseph clarence is not at all sympathethic and using him as an example of a good target doesnt really help ur point

8 Likes

I agree with this but I have to do this.

Sorry but the grammar was driving me crazy.

dont care

3 Likes

Elusive Targets were worse than Hitman: Absolution in its entirety.

3 Likes

47 doesn’t - or shouldn’t - have a character. Ideally, he’s just a cipher for our murderous imaginations. The more we learn about him and what he’s like, the less effective I think he is.

8 Likes

Totally agree with this.

2 Likes

I don’t know if I should agree or not. I’m fine with 47 having no emotions, but no character? I’m not sure about that.

9 Likes

Hokkaido is boring, I can’t get into the map and everybody else loves it. :frowning: I also really love marrakesh, I don’t know why either :P,

6 Likes

The story of Hitman series went to shit starting with Blood Money, the first 3 were consistent then it’s all downhill with BM.

5 Likes