Want to give Speedrunning a try? HITMAN 2 - SA/SO - Speedrun Walkthrough Series

I’ll be covering all 14 main missions and providing you with commentary with every step on what to do, and more importantly why. These strats aren’t the fastest, but they are quite easy to replicate,
and will hopefully help you guys who want to give speedrunning a try!

Paris:

Sapienza

Marrakesh

Bangkok

Colorado

Hokkaido

Hawkes Bay

32 Likes

The remaining 7 missions will go up in the next 2 days, before H3 drops!

Hope you guys will enjoy this series, and hopefully will inspire some of you to get into speedrunning!

16 Likes

Yes. This series is aimed at people that want to give speedrunning a try. Showing them fairly easy to replicate walkthroughs, with commentary on why this works, aswell as showcasing some of the tricks frequently used by speedrunners.

And will hopefully inspire some people to get them into speedrunning, this being the little nudge they needed because it can be overwhelming/intimidating at first.

I’m encouraging people to come up with their own speedrun strats throughout the whole series.

9 Likes

This is awesome@Frote7. I’ve always watched your videos and others speedrun and never played the game this way. This has really helped me understand quite a few things.

I’m embarrassed to say I didn’t even realize you could shoot the doors open. To think I call myself a Hitman fan.

Thanks for putting this together. You’ve inspired me to try a whole new approach.

6 Likes

I don’t think I’ll ever really be up for trying speedrunning seriously because I simply don’t have the fine motor skills required for precise, fast shooting that even the most basic speedrunning strats require (and I don’t have the willingness/patience to improve my shooting either), but regardless I love watching these videos @frote7. :+1:

It’s really interesting watching speedrunners explain the advanced mechanics of the game and why things work, and even if I will never try to speedrun missions myself I am still very grateful for the lessons in game mechanics, a number of which I can use at much lower speed for my own ultra cautious playstyle.

5 Likes

Love this! Thanks @Frote7! I guess I’m just too impatient to speedrun. But already learned a lot by just watching your videos. What I’ve seen a lot in those run (not only your runs) is some kind of inventory-interact-mix. Does this save time? Or is this just an impatient speedrunner? Often see it when a speedrunner exits a mission.

2 Likes

Normally you have to keep on pressing the interact button for things like exits, picking up items, and so on. This takes like 0.3s. But if you enter inventory and exit it with the interact key, you skip that time. It is a tiny but free time bonus.

6 Likes

Remember H2SA, when we skipped lockpick animation by opening and closing the map? :joy: The series is true to its roots!

3 Likes

As I wrote on YouTube: I love such guides to get SASO - simply because the one-save-limit completely destroys the fun for me. I’d rather retry a speedrun ten times than having to wait 7 minutes for a loop to complete again because I could not save in a critical moment. Many thanks to guys like you!

1 Like

Thanks man, and hearing you say that makes me happy. Just what i wanted to achieve :+1:

1 Like

Glad it still helped you out! Nice to hear you enjoyed these

1 Like

That’s awesome man!

Urben explained it very well as you could see hue

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/Fortheseven/status/1351255790401839105

1 Like

Miami

Santa Fortuna

Mumbai

Whittleton Creek