Welcome to Hitmanforum

Welcome to the recently renovated Hitmanforum. If you like the Hitman games then this is a place you can share your love of it with other fans. Please take a moment to look around and we hope you enjoy your stay.

Before engaging in any conversation it is highly adviseable that you read our guidelines and remember that eh forum is for everyone. You also need to be aware that this forum is not official and is not run by IO Interactive at all, it’s a fan forum - though you may see some IOI staff around from time to time, they’re our guests.

With the pending release of the climax of the new Hitman trilogy there’s a few key guidelines we want to stress to everyone:

• The forum is for everyone, whether they played Codename 47 to death when it first came out, or just picked up the latest title today - its about sharing the love of the games. This is by far the most important aspect.
  • Different people play different ways and look for different things in video games, and that’s okay
  • If you want to talk about surprising or plot critical parts of the game, learn to use the [spoiler] tags
  • Video games are complicated and the people who make them are real people, so keep that in mind if you find a bug or take issue with some part of design

Should you be searching for content referenced as being on the "old forum: then you’ll want to check here:

https://archive.hitmanforum.com/

Updates will be ongoing on this forum for the foreseeable future.

9 Likes

Who are you and why do you keep downloading my images

3 Likes

I figure this might be the best place to post this, keep it centralized in the “meta forum” category, so to speak.

This “unofficial guide” to Discourse (this forum system) Text Formatting I found!

Very useful stuff to learn some secret talents the forum has, how you can manipulate it to resize images to your liking, post tables, among other things that you wouldn’t find on your own.

I particularly like the image resizing tip. It still works, and is great to resize an image from a link, instead of needing to download + post it yourself.

![Original|200x200]https://media.digikey.com/Photos/LulzBot/MFG_KT-PR0051.jpg)
![Percent|200x200, 50%](upload://3sr8AVp3W68xVqCnfK79RQHMNyf.jpeg)
![By Pixels|64x64](upload://3sr8AVp3W68xVqCnfK79RQHMNyf.jpeg)

What you need is the Vertical Bar key and the definitions of your image, then you can resize it by percentage however you want.

Say I have this image. It’s 1133x636 pixels, usually seen in the image link or the image page name.
This is how it looks normally, at least when the Forum squishes it down to the standard format.

But what if I still think it’s too big? Well, now I can resize it.

![](upload://7X9lMOKUdkkEllKMZ6vs3iPSFcB.jpeg)
^^ This is the image link normally

![|1133x636, 50%](upload://7X9lMOKUdkkEllKMZ6vs3iPSFcB.jpeg)
^^ This is the image manually squished to 50%. (Or 50% of its original size, I bet) You just need the Vertical bar at the start of the image title for it to format (it’s located just above the Enter/Return key for me)

![|1133x636, 34%](upload://7X9lMOKUdkkEllKMZ6vs3iPSFcB.jpeg)
^^ And this is the image at 34%, something the forum default options don’t do.

You can even completely change the image definitions on your own by changing the pixel dimensions, to kind of crop it yourself!
This is the image at 400x920 pixels, at 34%

![|400x920, 34%](upload://7X9lMOKUdkkEllKMZ6vs3iPSFcB.jpeg)

Hopefully this was/can be of help to someone else!

2 Likes

Some great tips! The image thing was a bit obvious to be fair, I did use it a few times to use images as stickers. One other thing to keep in mind is quite every html tag is usable in discourse.

1 Like