What are your most played games?

Because I love piecing together a coherent story from odds and ends:

Hitman
Watch Dogs

Because achievements in RPG’s feel like real achievements to my brain

Dragon Age Inquisition
Fallout 4

7 Likes

I really would like to know how many time i have sunk into the game over the last 20 years :thinking:
I bought the game ~1 year ago on Steam and have now around 40hrs

4 Likes

On consoles, so I don’t have numbers, but apart from hitman probably:

• xcom2

• nba2k19 (more recent are bad)

• kingdom come deliverance (criminally underrated)

• Darkest Dungeon

• Skyrim (played 3 times)

2 Likes

Online games :

• Guild Wars 1 : My first online game… It was like I have discovered a whole new world at the time :laughing: I don’t remember my total played time, but I had at least 2500 hours on my main.
  • World of Warcraft : no idea how much time I’ve played and I don’t want to know tbh :sweat_smile:
  • Counter-Strike Source
  • Mortal Kombat 11 (and every MK games since MK Deception) I think I only have around 300 hours in MK11 curently, I’m a bit tired of KL and mostly play with my boyfriend and friends now :upside_down_face:

Solo games :

• Hitman
  • The Witcher (all of them)
  • Dragon age : Origins
  • Mass Effect 1 & 2
3 Likes

@YellowZR1- I never knew about the wrap up report. Thanks for that!

I played 6 games in 2020 for a total of 668 hours with Hitman 2 being the most played (304) followed closely by CoD Coldwar (250). I guess that means I really like that game since it only came out in Nov and I already racked up 250 hours on it. Although now that H3 is out my game time usually = one or two multiplayer matches and then turn on Hitman until the end.

3 Likes

I’m really looking forward to the new edition. I got into gaming well after ME3 came out so I never got into it but it’s so important to so many people.

1 Like

I seem to remember you like BSG so, yeah, you need to play ME I’m sure you will love it ! :slightly_smiling_face: I think this is one of the stories that stuck me the most in a video game and in which I felt most involved.

I’m really looking forward the remaster too, my boyfriend have never played ME and I would like to introduce him to it. But, yeaaah, EA is behind this so I’m gonna wait for reviews before buying.

1 Like

My top games of 2020.

I have 2120 hours in GTA Online in total and the game is fucking garbage. Why do I even play it?

5 Likes

744 Hours in GTA Online (played since 360, but don’t play anymore)
480 Hours in RDR2
264 Hours in HITMAN 2

notable mentions:

Battlefront ll (Classic): easily probably my most played game since I have plenty of undocumented hours playing it since it first released.

Roblox: while some hours are documented thanks to Xbox I‘ve been playing it since the late 2000’s when it was exclusive to PC.

Skyrim: it’s Skyrim don’t @ me cause a lot of us bought it more than once.

Fallout 3/New Vegas: Now this is interesting cause I actually exclusively play Modded New Vegas with the TTW mod. It only enhances the Fallout 3 experience with the quality of life changes of New Vegas. Two big games with great dlc under one massive package.

Contracts/BM: Easily my most played for HITMAN Games (if the time was also documented), but this is due to time and of course its various ports and releases. It remains my most bought HITMAN games.

3 Likes

I havent even thought of ROBLOX since playtime isnt documented. It used to be all I played since I’d never be able to play on our Xbox due to my brother using it. I think it was about 2012 when I started playing.

1 Like

blimey. um…

the max payne games are probably at the top. i used to get very stoned and spend an embarrassing amount of time repeating areas over and over whilst listening to massive attack and the like. maybe i still do? :crazy_face:

(spent even longer with 3’s multiplayer; i fell deep for that and miss it terribly.)

hitman (probably blood money or contracts) is almost definitely tied with metal gear solid (2 or 3) in second place.

after that it’s a bit more hazy: splinter cell chaos theory, red dead, new vegas, hotline miami and superhot are all up there.

oh and all the dark souls/bloodborne type games too. i’ve played those through countless times. yet to use a guitar hero controller with my feet tho.

3 Likes

These are just my steam stats. I have played on a lot more other systems, and I played Blood Money for like 10 years before I got it on Steam so this isn’t perfect. But I wanted to join in with the stats.

6 Likes

Currently it’s AC Valhalla, Mortal Kombat 11, Road Redemption, Gears 5 and Carrion.

2 Likes

TF2 was definetly the big one for me when I was a teenager, I joined a community forum which had a few TF2 servers, and made a few friends there, so that’s what really kept me going back. Sadly they discontinued it years ago, I think the owner sortof moved on and so did everyone else.

Borderlands is definetly a big franchise I’ve sunk so many hours into, mainly because I played so much co-op. Sadly the guys I played co-op with I don’t really talk to anymore. I own Borderlands 3 on EGS, it’s good but I dunno, feels like it misses some of the magic from previous game. Feels like the writing is just getting worse and worse, probably doesn’t help that Telltale knocked it out of the park with Tales From the Borderlands in 2014, and BL3 doesn’t even try to go for those sort of heights. Haven’t even bought any of the DLC for it.

Payday 2 is another game I sunk so many hours into, despite the fact that, well, it isn’t really that good. Even when it came out, the Diesel Engine it ran on was pretty ugly and very janky. I think it’s one of those games I’m not sure I can ever go back too cause it just has so many problems really. That and I have the feeling Payday 3 won’t be good with the way Overkill has been acting and the way their Walking Dead game turned out.

6 Likes

Perfect way of putting it. I’ve also put in lots of hours into payday 2, and can agree the game really isn’t that good :sweat_smile:

There’s still loads of fun to be had, especially if you’ve got friends to play with. Speedrunning car shop with 4 players is always fun, as well as doing a crime spree from time to time

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I mean I’d say that if you’re playing co-op with the right people in can be very fun. Saying that though, I spent alot of time doing solo stealth missions, like Shadow Raid, the Diamond Museum, a few others I’ve probably forgotten about. It’s not a game I could ever really recommend to anyone but at the same time I can’t say I really regret it. But again, I doubt I’ll get Payday 3 unless OK really go above and beyond. (Or if it materialises atall, seems like OK is constantly in financial trouble, hence why Payday 2 is still getting paid DLC since it’s basically their only money maker. Begs the question why they kept buying stuff like celebrity cameos if their finances aren’t good…)

2 Likes

It’s honestly a 50/50 if Payday 3 ever makes it out of development. Last I heard they were in preproduction and shooting for a 2023 release, but this was before the pandemic.

Payday 3 is now in a difficult situation; it has to significantly improve the clunky and outdated feeling of payday 2, as well as other meaningful improvements, whilst simultaneously balancing on the brink of bankruptcy, mostly because they went all in on the walking dead which completely flopped

Also the story of payday really sucks now, they are going to have a hard time promoting this in the new game. Last I remember is that we did heists on the defacto illuminati and made Bain the president.

3 Likes

Sounds like a lot of mismanagement behind the scenes. Yeah, the lore of Payday 2 is certainly interesting, but no idea how you follow it up. Doesn’t help that they added a billion other heisters to the main 5, even if I do like some of them like Clover. Probably just a soft reboot I imagine, a new set of heisters and a new mastermind.

Guess we’ll see. I hope OK can survive but I get the feeling they made some really bad mistakes or just blew money. Wonder how much John Cleese and Giancarlo Esposito cost?

2 Likes

Reminds me of this meme

5 Likes

Did you ever play Tales from the Borderlands? That was my game throughout October.

1 Like