What difficulty mode do you prefer more?

• Hitman 2016 Professional Mode
  • Hitman 2 Master Mode

0 voters

Am I the only one who misses the pro mode of 2016? Hitman 2’s master mode dosen’t really feel challenging to me. It feels too forgiving.

1 Like

Hitman 2s Master Mode is a bit too forgiving, dont know why the NPCs cant hear 47 run anymore like they did in 2016.

2 Likes

i liked the fact that you had to get sa for all the challenges. i think they should’ve kept it that way

1 Like

idk i was playing master the other day and im pretty confident that they heard me running

4 Likes

i believe they do but not from as far away as back in the first game

3 Likes

In 2016’s Pro difficulty I didn’t like that the progress was different from the normal difficulty. :neutral_face:

3 Likes

They can but isn’t like in 2016 where they will go and investigate the noise. Same with destroying cameras.

5 Likes

I really don’t like either of those two difficulties (I’m a H1 Normal / H2 Professional guy all the way), so for me H2 Master > H1 Professional because it’s slightly less crap.

5 Likes

I like to play on master by default,only complaint is the clothes are not available in the open like professional.

Otherwise everything else seems fine lul and I have no problems engaging in combat and get penalized when cornered.

I like it when I shoot target in open or strangle them infront of witness and quick hide the body before guards come. lul. On master it’s tense on professional it’s shitpost. I like to shoot target in face, drop weapon and run as guards chase.

Mafia Hit button man!

sometimes if you kill target infront of witness and then quick hide body it’s like it never even happened. I did it to Delgado and others. House staff saw me and forgot after guards didn’t find body.

1 Like

I prefer HITMAN 2 Master Mode, as it’s not a separated mastery contrary to 2016 Professional Mode. However i prefer to play on Normal difficulty for regular gaming.

Master Mode of Hitman 2 is definitely interesting with it’s constant thrill and tension, i really enjoyed completing those challenges in SASO, even if the struggle was real most of the time :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

imo the best part of H1’s Professional Mode was the change in the menu music when you changed over.

The rest of it was a bit of a chore. The first few locations were quite unforgiving from memory, but the difficulty got easier the further you went through the campaign for some reason with more and more items not randomly being carried by NPCs.

I completed it for the challenges and literally never went back to it.

3 Likes

Hokkaido is a missions that gets easier in Professional or Master difficulty, since it spawns a guard that will keep opening the door to the sauna maintenance room, wich lets you make a easy kill for Yamazaki.

3 Likes

apart from hitman 2016s pro mode’s all seeing/all knowing guards that rival havens xray vision guards, i actually prefer it as it felt like a completely new game with new mechanics. which basically doubled the replay value of 2016.

4 Likes

The fact that it had separate challenges adds more to that. I loved that it had exclusive unlocks to motivate you into playing it too.
I do wish Hitman 2 and 3 had a similar mode without the

2 Likes

For regular gaming and challenges, I play on regular difficulty (H3 Professionnal) because the unlimited save feature allows me to test different things and different setups to achieve SASO runs (or other constraints) without the constraint of repeating the same beginning over and over.

Moreover, I have the impression that new NPC locations and routes decrease the number of possibilities for SASO runs in Master mode.

Finally, I dislike the separate mastery track between Normal and Pro 2016 difficulty.

But, the Pro 2016 mode is really interesting to play when you’ve no pressure or challenge to achieve. The new mechanics introduced (noisy steps, suspicious items, new guards location…) makes that you’ve to find new routes and looking for the right items to make your way to your target silently.

In conclusion, Pro mode is good but with no challenges attached. That’s why I chose Hitman 2 Master mode on the poll.

4 Likes