What if enforcing were influence by rooms?

So, I’ve just started a playthrough of the entire trilogy. Currently hiding in Dalias cabinet in Paris.

And it got me thinking: Right now I have a number of white dots above guards heads outside of Dalias “livingroom”, so I won’t be able to exit the room through the door after finishing her. Why is that? They do not know who I am, I could easily be an invitee of Dalia since I am exiting specifically her room.

What would the Hitman-trilogy look like if enforcing were toggled by certain rooms?

Let us discuss that, shall we?

I assume the guards and staff know all the personnel and were instructed not to let strangers to Dalia’s room except a few people.
And you must have an invite and pass through all three (or two if you’re already in the palace) frisk zones to be able to roam the upper floors freely. Well, the public areas of those floors.
Uninvited person would look out of place everywhere and would gain attention if not suspicion in most of the cases. So it’s nothing weird of that.
And you haven’t been invited to Dalia’s quarters, so it’s natural that everybody would be suspicious about some bald guy who sneaks where he doesn’t belong to

2 Likes

You can exit the room just fine if you go to the auction room.

2 Likes

I think having so many different enforcer scenarios would feel too random, and it would definitely require too much of an effort to apply that logic for all the specific rooms and places on every map.
Enforcers sometimes feel like they don’t make any sense because they needed to be simplified. It’s easier to learn the game that way.

1 Like

I don’t understand the intention; the guards shouldn’t react to the bald guy snooping around because he might be a friend of their boss that they weren’t informed of? Bad idea

1 Like

One thing i dislike is how you can just walk past guards out of a trespassing zone :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: if you have to sneak in, you should have to sneak back out

1 Like

The intention of this is by every means to discuss what a more rather realistic implementation would/could look like.

It is by no means a wish (that is why I didn’t put this in the wishlist category). However, if this could be implemented, without making the game too easy, it could serve as a more realistic put to the “use your surroundings to kill your targets”. Right? Exiting a certain room gives you a leverage if done right. You could know something the guards don’t. Given that you COULD be a secretive guest of their employer chances are they are less likely to confront you.

I should say that I started Paris in the attic, and snuck my way to the bathroom of Dalias quarters, so no one saw, or interacted with me on my way to her quarters.

If you’re slow, you’re busted

This is already a realistic implementation because of what I wrote above.

Have you ever tried to sneak to military base and walk around freely like you’re not a stranger? Under the pretext you’re a secretly invited guest of a general.
I bet you would’ve been spotted and questioned

1 Like

As someone who works in a pretty secure facility, requiring uniform, I have no doubt that guards aren’t that stupid.

I’ve left rooms of senior people (for work purposes) and people have asked me what I was doing in there, regardless if I was invited or for a work purpose, because someone of my rank shouldn’t regularly be in there - and I’ve had to explain. The fact that I was already in there didn’t negate their suspicion.
Now, on other occasions I’ve been seen leaving and no one has questioned me, but in reality…they probably should have.
And I don’t work for a secret high flying organisation assassins or shady government agencies, of which I imagine the guards would be of a pretty good quality.

So, in short, no - I don’t agree that guards aren’t going to question someone walking out of a secure area.

Also, if I was in charge of guarding a room, knowing who I haven’t let in and out, that if someone randomly wandered out of the door I was guarding - knowing that they hadn’t walked past me to gain entry - I’d immediately be suspicious of them, mainly wondering how the hell they got in to begin with.

1 Like

It’s not directly relevant to this topic, but one thing I’ve noticed doing contracts on H1 maps back to back with H3 maps is that H1 has a lot of tresspassing areas where the civilians (as opposed to the guards or employees) don’t enforce on you, whereas I don’t remember really seeing that in H3 at all. I think the H1 approach makes more sense - why would, say, random attendees to the Sanguine fashion show even know when someone’s tresspassing, let alone feel they have the authority to call you out on it?

2 Likes

If enforcers would react differently depending on which door you enter a room from, that would feel more random than realistic.

I think this is just as long as you are in her room. You are allowed to visit the auction, so when you go out of her room the white dots should vanish.

I had a similar idea back in 2016 of certain NPC behaviors being tethered to where they are, whether it’s according to the floor or the room or whatever.