What Videogame(s) Are You Playing?

Finished up the Bowser’s Fury expansion to Super Mario 3D World.
Unfortunately the main game hasn’t hooked me that well, I’ve gotten a bit bored with it only halfway through the game, and I’m eyeing a nice trade-in deal at a store so I decided to try the bonus mode to “finish it” there.

Ohh man it is fun, and it is EPIC.

The game is open-world-ish. You have to run, swim, glide, climb around this massive open lake and its islands to collect & find Cat Shines – I’ve heard the system is very similar to Mario Odyssey – and it’s pretty neat, easy, and fairly quick to get each one. Gives great satisfaction.

The game’s meat really opens up against the titular enemy: Fury Bowser. Dude is a jacked-up, Godzilla-sized rage monster who plunges the world into darkness every few minutes. And you either have to find a Shine to keep him at bay, or survive it out until he gets bored.

It is SUPER fun whenever he comes out (mostly. It’s a little too frequent.) Huge rock spires drop from the sky creating new platforms to jump on or use to hide. He has a massive fire-breath attack that spells doom. He leaps around the level to catch up with you or find a new angle on you, and is a towering behemoth.
The game literally opens with you stumbling into a massive footprint-shaped crater, and from then on it’s a great little 5-6 hour experience IMO. (Potential for a few more if you go for 100%)

SCREENSHOTS

10 Likes