What's New....?

I’m taking the L home at 5am. There is a gal a few rows away from me doing her makeup on the way to ?the office? It’s not a touch up; it’s full blown makeup.

I’m Ignoring that she isn’t wearing her face covering (still mandatory on pubic transit), but I don’t think I have ever seen this before except in movies and it strikes me as odd. Is this strange or am I being an old fudd?

3 Likes

I’ve seen it a few times on the Tube in London. I have no opinion on it

2 Likes

I see that being done while driving which is way worse. The things you see on the road. I travel about 35k miles a year and see a lot of stupid shit that’s dangerous.

2 Likes

1 Like

Not if you do it through a computer or laptop.

1 Like

So I have seen this a lot too! Yes totally dangerous. At least this person wasn’t in control of the train car.

2 Likes

Yep! At one point her face was two distinctly different colours.

Like what do you do if you have only half your “face on” as I have heard it called, and there is a need to evacuate the train? Do you want to be saving a little kid from a burning train car only half ready to face the day?? Then the news reporter shows up and wants an interview; you should be a hero but instead you go viral for entirely the wrong reason!!

^^ I did mention I was coming home from work at 5am right?? My layover pickup time was at 4:10pm last evening and then I worked San Antonio to Denver to San Diego and then the red eye back to Chicago (landed at 4:20am). Apologies if I’m a bit out of it.

1 Like

Damn UK heatwave got me burning up all day and all night :weary:

15 Likes

Heatwave! In Australia we call that a light spring or warm winter at the most.

1 Like

The heat isn’t the problem, it’s the damn humidity. It’s 20°C outside with 93% humidity at 7am and in my room it’s 29.5°C. Feels like I’m living in a bog and with all these damn mosquitos, I may just be in one :grin:

8 Likes

Again?

Well, I guess he does get around a lot.

2 Likes

The “Feels Like” part in weather apps hurts me always. I remember old times when I lived near the sea, and humidity was always above 80%. “35C, Feels like 45C”. Wtf. Now it’s cold all the time. Even summer is like winter to me in here.

2 Likes

Sounds like heaven to me :grin:

4 Likes

Can’t disagree. You can always wear more clothes in cold but not less in warm.

3 Likes

That and also drink hot-chocolate, tea, coffee, mulled wine or moonshine to keep ya warm…

Who am I kidding, just stick to the wine and moonshine :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Well:

14 Likes

I mean, there’s a good part about summer…

Drinking unhealthy quantities of beer! :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers: :beers:

5 Likes

seems like my kinda gal.

5 Likes

Your kinda gal would probably want to have a summer vacation with you at the other hemisphere. Make sure to rent a proper beach house at places like Hawke’s Bay. :wink:

6 Likes

I can assure you that if you ever get a chance to visit New Zealand during summer, that would probably be for a while for at least December. That said though I’ve been told it’s a beautiful country, which I can’t help but agree.

Me personally I’ve wanted to visit Germany though, most notably for its clubbing and political history.

7 Likes