What's New....?

Glad to hear you guys have some options to go get wild. We finally lifted the 4 people only per elevator rule. It was taking people who work in the high rises 30 min to get an elevator ride and they were standing shoulder to shoulder while waiting for said elevator, so it was a really silly process :joy:

Shit, that’s another thing I’ll have to break myself back into. I’ve gone almost 2 years without the feeling of someone else’s coffee breath on the back of my neck

2 Likes

The show my band are playing at the end of the month was announced today - and it sold out in less than half an hour. Pretty damn cool.

None of those people are coming to see us though, because most of the lineup hasn’t been announced yet. But I’m still gonna act like we sold out a venue in half an hour because fuck it, we all need an ego boost from time to time.

15 Likes

While dining at a French restaurant ‘Bistro Boheme’ I noticed someone blending in.

24 Likes

Come out of your hiding spot @Firepower, target lockdown has ended.

8 Likes

My law exam is about a week from now. I’m really scared honestly. Hope the score is better than the last time

And the other law exam is a week after that where I did really, really bad last time. Can’t wait for them to be over

My dad has got some epic plans for after my exams are over. He’s basically been my teacher for this and is pretty excited. He’s also very scared, which is evident from some type of pain he feels in his chest/ heart which the doctors at his office have told him it’s anxiety time and time again. He says after the exam he’ll get his heart checked out and that if I get in a good college he’ll be like 25 again. He’ll also be retiring in 2 years so he’ll spend the rest of the days with books and movies. I really hope I succeed this time

20 Likes

Good luck man. I got my Masters like 15 years ago, and sometimes (really rarely though) I still wake up with nightmares of having a final exam to take.

11 Likes

Dear god, have I done something wrong?
The Laptop came (with Windows installed as ordered), turned it on, connected my USB-C stick to install apps and at the very exact second the screen blacked out. Turning it off and on didn’t do anything. Connecting the charger (although the battery already had like ~70-75%) didn’t do anything. It has just been like 2 hours and I have to return it for repairs :frowning: The count of bad events is getting out of hand.

USB stick the criminal shown below.

9 Likes
6 Likes

So you can’t see any image on a screen?
Silly question, but did you try to reboot it? Gives nothing?
Maybe you accidentally turned the screen off? There is a special key on a keyboardof any laptop that allows you to turn off the screen. Usually it should be pressed together with FN key.
Try to press that key when laptop is working.
That’s a strange situation, I never heard something similar.
I can only assume the possibility that you somehow burned the USB port.
I have no idea why it happened though, moreover, why it broke the screen.
Any updates yet?

1 Like

Huh, neat.
(And thanks yall)

21 Likes

So signing up for twitter makes you give your phone number to get through the set-up process.

that’s a bit concerning

12 Likes

Ha, guess you haven’t heard how YT asks for a photo of an ID / drivers liscence or give your credit card info to be able to watch mature only videos :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Ah, I’ve heard of that, but only for european countries. Only roadblock I’ve come across with those is just “sign in to confirm” if it’s age-restricted.

5 Likes

Praise VPNs because if YouTube thinks i’m sending them my ID so I can watch a fucking Mortal Kombat movie trailer then they can fuck off forever.

13 Likes

You can also try FreeTube to bypass the age verification :slight_smile:

2 Likes

theres an easy solution for that, dont make an account on twitter its like the worst social media on the fucking planet.

10 Likes

If you have account but not using it, or only posting something own, it’s okay :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Whats that?

2 Likes

It’s an app that you can use to watch YT videos and bypass the age verification :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes