What's New....?

WHOAAA! Congratulations! :confetti_ball:

9 Likes

Congrats on the job.

7 Likes

Congrats on the job!

5 Likes

Congratulations! Very well deserved, you’re a great artist!

4 Likes

Well, regarding my college entrance, it seems like I have scored alright, well just on the edge of cut-off marks(below which you aren’t selected) on an exam of a private law college. It’s pretty good but you can say that just about its Pune(which is near Mumbai :no_mouth:)branch and where I’ll be selected is in Noida, which is on one side near to my home, on the other not as reputed as Pune. And to top it all off the cut off marks I’m talking about is a guess/speculation by a website and not even the official number lmaoo. Well at least I’ll be going somewhere okish.

download

The next monstrous exam which is AILET is going to happen in 3 days, me and dad have studied every hour straight for like 4 days and honestly it’ll be a huge bummer if I’m not selected, and that happens when you are in the top 75 out of 20,000 something students giving it, something like a freaking speedrun competition.

Man I’m honestly very tired of this law shit, I haven’t created a single thing, single drawing or animation or anything for about 1 and a half months and that’s really pissing me off inside :disappointed: I’m thinking of starting a comic series after the exam and a ton more animations for my YouTube channel among other things, after this is over

And talking about the one I did a couple days back, I matched my answers with the official answersheet and got 52 out of 150, prolly the most depressing score of my life. The only hope on that one is 90 seems to be the highest score according to law gossip sites and if that’s really the case I might be ok here too and could get into a alright college or smth

20 Likes

I’m not the best person at giving meaningful advice but I just wanted to say that you shouldn’t define yourself by a number. Not saying you should give up on the test but you shouldn’t put too much pressure as well if you fail. Good luck on it!

5 Likes

I had my last day of work until after the festival today! I try not to get too excited for stuff until it’s imminent. It’s close enough; tonight is the night I’m starting to get pumped up!!!

11 Likes

Try to get some proper sleep before it. For some reason I cannot sleep whenever something exciting will happen and one time I got a cold during a holiday because I couldn’t sleep.

1 Like

:angry:

I managed to break my glasses by accidentally rolling my chair over them, they were deformed and disfigured, it popped both lenses out of the frame. Then i managed to break pieces off of the glasses by trying to bend them back into shape, basically a monumental fuck up

I need to get another eye test, and the closest appointment is 3 weeks away, then it takes another 2 weeks for the glasses to arrive

Basically, I am blind for the next 5 weeks :frowning_face:

20 Likes

Yesterday in our Stage Combat class we learned a few Katana techniques.

Really cool, I love how lots of moves use arcs/spinny movements.
I’m not totally familiar with katana in media, (I really need to get into Ghost of Tsushima at some point), but what I can say is that one of Hitman’s katana takedowns is pretty accurate.

The one where 47 stabs someone through the back of the head.
It’s not exactly that, but whenever you thrust your katana in real life (it’s a two handed weapon, you know), you have to fully extend the arms, and quickly pull back. 47 does this, though with a less-honorable move. (Right through their head, rather than aiming for the chest or stomach.)
I thought that was a neat discovery.

17 Likes

Can’t you just skip the test and order them directly, i mean you know what lenses you had in the old glasses?

6 Likes

Got the first dose about an hour ago, Pfizer. It’s like I’m holding a cow when I move my arm.

I was kinda freaked before going; My last injection was around 10 years ago when I had to get vaccinated in order to enter school and since then, needle phobia has been around. So I asked if I can do anything for the pain (when the needle is going in), and they said there’s a somewhat special ointment for it. Anyway, the bastard who was doing the shot injected it around 10cm further intentionally. I did my best not to cry.

9 Likes

The other lenses were pretty old and overdue a replacement, I have been told to get a new test for a while now and kept putting it off, at least these new glasses will be slightly stronger than the old pair

9 Likes

That sucks, i feel with you mate :weary:

7 Likes

A word to the wise there never was an ointment, it is a mind trick. Anything they could give you for the pain they aren’t going to waste on a needle. What the doctor most likely did was smear rubbing alcohol as a placebo, so long as you aren’t directly observing you are more likely to think you have received a numbing agent. I should know, my doctor has done every single trick to get me to take a needle for any reason.

6 Likes

5 weeks! Holy shit man!
That’s crazy that the wait is so long though. There are like 3 places within walking distance that I could go to and just walk in without an appointment. Can you go to a pharmacy and get a pair of cheaters for a couple bucks for times you really need to see ?

Hang in there!

5 Likes

Drawing a bit of 47… soon I’ll be finalizing the line art… :relaxed:
(yeah, I get that ear is too high. Makes him look like a monkey. Artists, how do i fix this? :sweat_smile:)

8 Likes

idk what it is, but drawing bald people makes proportions harder. i feel you…a good rule i follow with ears is that they’re generally at, or slightly below the eye line. sometimes you can use an eyebrow to help guide you where the top of ear ends.

7 Likes

Do you know that quote that says that every artist has thousanda of bad drawings and the earlier you start the faster it’s going to remove those bad drawings?

Sometimes it’s better to just move on to a fresh start instead of polishing a bad drawing. Try to figure out what you did wrong and what you can do to improve on it and use that on your next drawing.

Here’s something I watched a long time ago that could help you (it might not seem very important to your current problem but it coincidentally uses that problems explanation to explain the point):

4 Likes

Ooh nice thanks for the help

And wowowow, @William1066’s video covers exactly this!
Neat detail, I never knew about that before.

5 Likes