What's New....?

10 Likes

Maybe joining this Skrewdriver Revival Band wasn’t the best idea mate :stuck_out_tongue:

7 Likes

Looool I definitely wouldn’t do that no matter how delusional I became. Rest in Piss Ian Stuart Donaldson

6 Likes

I used to have this pin on my jacket with this sign on it:

And the text “Driving School Ian Stuart” :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

EDIT: for those who are unaware, Ian Stuart was the Founder/Singer of Skrewdriver, they released one admittedly very good Punkrock album in 1977, but he then turned to Neo Nazi Ideology and founded a Nazi Network called “Blood & Honor” and he was basically the Freddy Mercury of the Nazi Scene.
He died 1992 or 1993 in a Car crash, hence the button.

May he burn in hell.

6 Likes

Can someone help me (give me advice) about school scoring? I’m kinda new to the 0-100 scoring system.

It was 0-20 in Iran, and sub 19(*5=95) literally meant garbage. Though my averages in the three years of middle school was 19.95, 20, and 19.90 (overall average 19.95, *5=99.75). But now, the first year in here I’ve got 85(/5=17). So my question is: Is 86 worthy of being happy with it? I’m greatly disappointed, considering the 17.
Although I admit that losing scores is easier in a 0-100 exam, as there are more questions.

5 Likes

This is nuts, but there was a TV crew at the vaccination centre earlier, turns out they used a shot of me walking in to get vaccinated and aired that clip on the local news :sweat_smile:

10 Likes

now that yer a national superstar, can i get yer autograph

7 Likes

I think I can help you with that. The scoring system is exactly 0-100 here. And for your reference, the lowest passable score for any course in bachelor degree is 60, and for master degree is 70.

My final score for the master degree is 83.90, which is an average score between overall course score and my thesis score. I consider myself doing well enough, so in this case, you’re doing even better than me. You’re probably the kind of person who keeps pushing yourself to get the best result, and granted there is always room for improvement. But don’t get yourself too frustrated or stressed. :+1:

3 Likes

Ive still got that weird motivation slump where I want to draw, but forcing myself to sit down and do it for an hour or two (or three) feels like a waste of time when there’s school work looming over my shoulder.
Then there’s days when it’s a long 9-6 school day, and after that I don’t feel like doing anything but relaxing.
Got one more week before the break so it’s almost over.

Anyway, I’ve kinda been thinking, I wanna do the Season of Cake thing again on my birthday month, but twist it to chickens. Sort of? Maybe just take requests?
I want to have that huge burst of creative energy again, and I miss it.

9 Likes

god artblock sucks, best thing you can do is pray it goes away and you get another creative burst, or work through it by practice. both are fine options of getting rid of it and if you dont feel like drawing you shouldnt, but if you really wanna draw but nothings coming out of the mind palace id recommend just practicing stuff yer really bad at. as it helps the creative juices flow while helping you improve.

7 Likes

yeah, like Khakiasp said, artblock is the worst feeling…you could try listening to new songs in a genre you like for inspiration. maybe try watching a TV show you’ve never seen before for some fresh ideas. you could even try to draw some vent art, which has less pressure. i know it’s easier said than done, but try not to stress or force it too much in the meantime, Chicken. artblock never lasts forever, and sometimes a long break can be just what you need to make your next masterpiece. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

In my opinion you’re doing great!! Anything above 80 is a good score where I’m from. And your previous stage averages are fantastic, 95 is nothing to joke about!

Think the max marks I’ve ever gotten in a subject other than English is, hilariously, 69. English is the only one where I could get above 80 or good marks

5 Likes

Thanks you two.

I’m sure I’ll get something done, sometime soon. The right idea just has to come along at the right time and then I’ll just go… “YES!”
…Y’know?

5 Likes

The Bearmon is back!

My laptop died but it’s back from the Shadow Realm now.

Also took a week to just focus on work, some social media and playing lots of State of Decay 2.

18 Likes

@YellowZR1 @IndianAgent47

Thanks for the help and nice words! I also checked other places, asked other people and it seems that I should at least not be worried. Yet I can improve it, but nothing catastrophic has happened. It was probably just me overthinking.

Not trying to praise myself or something, but it was 99.75, the 0.25 being for “Lifestyle” and “Islamic Studies”. The fuck.

5 Likes

i made an animation for CJ on YouTube for part of his streaming intro. it’s better if he posts it first, so ill only show two screen caps:

24 Likes

Sitting at a beach in Italy with a beer in my hand and getting some Sapienza-vibes

19 Likes

Acceptable Use

1. You may not impersonate others through the forum.

Definitely not me :roll_eyes: :grimacing:

6 Likes

I generally don’t like to open up with politics; but yesterday my country just went into complete lockdown in response to a covid outbreak in and around Coromandel - seven days for Auckland, three days for the rest of the country. It’s at level 4, meaning essential companies and business (supermarkets, hospitals, etc.) are only to be open.

My work isn’t an essential service, so I’m out of work for a week. It also means it’s hard for it to apply a wage subsidy because the government would rather not give that out that’s just going to last a week. Although given how the immediate response was to the outbreak it’s probably telling it’s going to last longer.

13 Likes

I’ve been offered a lead sound engineer role at one of my regular venues, to which I said an emphatic yes. I’m still a freelancer so I’ll have my independence, but now I’ll have more responsibilities at that venue including managing the tech staff, booking the rota and maintaining the equipment. Pretty stoked really. Just what I needed after an incredibly shitty 18 months.

18 Likes