What's New....?

Disney are very picky about how their characters are shown off. I don’t know about KH3 since I haven’t reached it yet, but in KH1 and KH2, apparently Disney demanded that characters from different Disney universes (i.e. different movies) couldn’t interact with each other, the only exceptions basically being Donald, Goofy, and later Mickey himself. It’s why in those games, for example Aladdin doesn’t leave his world to come along for the adventure and he gets to meet characters in Neverland for example.

It wouldn’t surprise me if Disney ran through the list of all Smash fighters and decided that those like Bayonetta can never be onscreen at the same time as Donald and Goofy because it could damage their “brand”.

3 Likes

We saw Elixir of Love tonight. It’s super lighthearted and silly. The tenor who played Nemorino brought the house down.

The set screams Sapienza, right?

11 Likes

sora is a gigantic deal legally and from a games history standpoint, but i don’t have a connection to kingdom hearts like i have a connection to doom. also personally, i would’ve loved it the granddad of all shooters was the actual final character but i get why hes just a mii costume.

4 Likes

Haha yeah Sapienza was the first thing I thought when I saw the picture :sweat_smile: hope you had a nice evening :heart:

4 Likes

First they had killer lions.

Then there was killer bears.

Now get ready for… killer chickens.

I’m not really into Far Cry series, but this latest one suddenly looks a lot more interesting… I just can’t place a finger on why… :thinking:

11 Likes

Far cry 6 has a cock fighting minigame that unironically looks like a fun fighting game

1 Like

I never played any Far Cry game, but this one is interesting, especially because of Giancarlo Esposito.

Edit: And because of the Punk chicken, of course

5 Likes

far cry 2 is a genuinely great game. i’d never played anything that actively hated the player as much as that game until pathologic. it’s brilliant, albeit somewhat frustrating. every other entry has felt a bit, i dunno, lame (?) by comparison.

9 Likes

STALKER is also a good candidate. You’re always at the bottom of the food chain.

As for the FC series, FC1, 2 and 3 are the only ones that matter, everything after pretty much copied FC3, nothing original about them.

2 Likes

I’ve only played Far Cry Blood Dragon, actually. I thought it was pretty fun, with the neon effects, 80s self-referential humour, and the gameplay fit the type of ‘cool action hero’ look they were going for.

I tried Far Cry 3 last year, and it’s just too overwhelming and not that fun to me. (I didn’t get far in it, but what I played, I didn’t really enjoy)
The stealth is particularly annoying, I’m not really a fan of stealth in first-person games. Which is strange, since I think Blood Dragon had fun stealthy stuff.

This is…
Boy, I have a lot of mixed feelings about this. Interesting that they’ve converted it into a chicken vs chicken style Tekken game with super moves and all that, not just some ‘bet on animal, animal wins’. But also it’s cockfighting and that’s generally bad? Hrmmm :confused:

8 Likes

PETA is going to have a field day over this, just you wait. :grin:

6 Likes

For once they would be onto something. Cockfights in real life are ghastly affairs and Ubisoft are as good at handling serious issues in their games as they are handling them in real life.

6 Likes

“It’s not about p̶o̶l̶i̶t̶i̶c̶s̶ animal cruelty.” - Ubisoft

8 Likes

You don’t even get to use them for crafting. At least when you shot the cassowaries in the face you could craft something with them (and the fact that the bastards have it coming).

1 Like

don’t freak out but i never played it. watched the movie though :slightly_smiling_face:

god, the hud alone was like:

fc2’s hud was pretty much all diegetic. you literally had to stop and pull the map out. really cool. no idea why they didn’t run with it in later games.

blood dragon was fun. very different take on the series.

5 Likes

Am I the only one that remembers Primal? Primal was different and it wasn’t a bad game or anything.

4 Likes

You’re missing out. Also the games are only slightly inspired by the book / movie :stuck_out_tongue: .

Those tutorial pop-up messages. Over and over and over again. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

I totally forgot about that one until I googled a couple hours ago ‘when did they introduce animal companions in Far Cry’. :laughing:

Only thing I know about that entry is that it has cavemen and controversy about copying the Far Cry 4 map.

1 Like

How the fuck is anyone supposed to stay slender when things like this exist?

5 Likes

Moderation, but knowing me I’d take two. Wait it’s a foot long. I’ll take one.

2 Likes