What's New....?

8 Likes

I don’t need it but I want it.

3 Likes

Go Vegan!!

Then again I do know plenty of portly vegans. I mostly just cut out sugar when I want to lose a bit of weight and that helps. My metabolism isn’t as crazy fast anymore now that i’m in the second half of my 30s. Fuck exercising though, would rather just not eat chocolate for a bit.

3 Likes

I know a few rotund vegans as well. They eat too much bread and oil. Carbs are killers!!!

Philosophically speaking I should at least go veggie, I have to pretend meat isn’t from an animal. My will power isn’t so hot though, so I haven’t given it a real shot in like 13 years. I went veggie for about 10 months when I was in the Marines. Then I relapsed.

1 Like

no, unfortunately. just wasn’t my bag.

i know i know

3 Likes

Today is Godzillas 67th Anniversary :tada::tada::tada:

13 Likes

Uhhh… Wait. What is that 2d ingredient? :anguished:

Edit: Chihuahua cheese : Substitutes, Ingredients, Equivalents - GourmetSleuth

TIL… :joy:

2 Likes

Going back to Sora being in Smash, found this interesting video talking about a lot of the legal issues that probably had to happen to make this thing work, and how exactly Square Enix and Disney licence their stuff out for Kingdom Hearts, and speculating on who actually owns Sora.

5 Likes

Update on this. I’ve left them after 1,5 days back then. But after a month of brainstorming I eventually decided to come back and tomorrow is my 4th day there after the comeback.
The main and great advantage is that the office is just around the corner from my home. Well, not literally (sadly) but very close - 7-10 minutes of walking, it was the main reason to come back. Also the money they promise. I see I won’t get this amount in any other place.
But the company (at least the department) is just fucked up.
Explaining: department is a technical support. There are 5-6 people there.
All of them are new. From 3 months to 3 weeks in the place. 2 of them are new since I came the first time - there is a huge staff turnover in the company, at least in the department. The company is not new, allegedly they are 14 years in the business. But how - is a question.
Thing is because everybody is new, they don’t know the specific of the work, but if we are technical support we should know it, the clients rely on us and want help from us. But we can’t help them fast, because we don’t know the answer ourselves.
I don’t accept it. Technical support, as I see it, should know how and help as fast as possible. But to solve a problem for a day or 3 days is unacceptable. Considering that the company is providing a cash program for shops and supermarkets. So if a client has a problem, they address to us, but we can’t solve it for this long, the shop can’t work, can’t serve buyers and… well… you know.
I don’t accept it. I’ll see how it goes for a few more and think will say goodbye to them permanently.
That’s the way the cookie crumbles

11 Likes

this animation/animatic popped up in my recommended and i watched it.
now i have an incredible urge to read up on norse mythology again

3 Likes

This week I’ve had a couple of shows with the same band, two nights back to back in the same venue - Both of them sold out. The first show was really good, but the second show was an absolute blinder. They absolutely smashed it and I was really happy with the mix. It’s like the first night was a warm up for the second night.

At the end of the show, an audience member came up to me and said “Bit of advice, spend more time actually mixing the band and less time messing around with the tap delay.”

Fucking hell lmao. The tap delay IS mixing the band!! I honestly couldn’t be bothered to argue but it was funny nonetheless. Anyway I’m gonna join that band’s crew when they go on tours and have bigger shows so I guess I win.

11 Likes

Colddayinhell sus

11 Likes

don’t hold out, what band is it?

2 Likes

Found this on some wine we had opened tonight
(Thanksgiving time!)

8 Likes

Ahhh Oyster Bay. Brilliant choice.

I just tried their merlot the other day actually. I thought it packed quite a punch as compared to other wines, but it had a sultry taste to it. I haven’t tried the pinot gris though.

2 Likes

I am gonna have another job interview this Friday. It will be the 2nd job I apply since I graduated 8 months ago. The other one took place in August. It went smooth and well, but maybe there’s just someone more suitable than me got hired. This time, I am going to apply for a job of automation system engineer.

I was deciding whether I should post this in the serious issue thread. But then since it’s good news, so it should belong here nicely. Most of this year, I spent time pretty much only on video games, anime, food, and sleep. Thankfully, I finally watched a right anime that taught me people don’t stay the same. Nothing is permanent. There will always be an end, people leaving and gathering, etc. I’d say it’s time for me to move on.

It’s 3 o’clock in the morning here, I can’t sleep and feel so excited to announce this. That I have a feeling this will be a new chapter of my 26-year-old life. With new characters, new encounters, and new challenges, it will be just like a proper expansion pack of a game. And I can’t help but gonna act like a game dev that you always see on game announcement trailers:

“I can’t wait to share more details with you… soon™.” :smirk:

19 Likes

That’s so cool! I have a cousin in England doing the same thing for a bank. He tells tons of positive stuff about it. Wish you luck! You’ll do great.

8 Likes

Thank you! It’s been so long since I actually coded. Here’s an interesting thing. I actually applied for a job of software development engineer of the same company last week. Then, they called me on my phone, understood that I may not be suitable for the position, so they asked me to switch to apply for this one instead.

I have confidence that I can reacquaint coding, but then I heard automation is all about coordinate machines to work together, instead of developing new programs. So hopefully I can do it well. Thanks again for the info! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

7 Likes

Actually the person I’m talking about knew nothing about coding when he applied. He was educating automotive engineering. He then took some C# courses to make things easier. I’m not sure about things in the company you’re going for, but I’m pretty sure your understanding (basics of 5 languages as you mentioned before) will make things easier than usual.

2 Likes

Dunno where to put this, but I wrote a poem. I call it…

The Lonely Poem
presented by C. TheChest

By day one, I am encompassed with companionship
I feel drenched with exuberant joy by my peers
All sense of converse, it is at my grip
I don’t feel lonely, there are no fears

By day seven, I am thrown into lockdown
All of my peers are gone, they have followed suit
Although I’ve developed theories, I’m beginning to look like a clown
I’m starting to feel lonely, my jovial emotion is starting to refute

By day fourteen, I’m beginning to feel rage
All of my past emotion, they remain a former self