What's New....?

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1349024654611120130

"A new Indiana Jones game with an original story is in development from our studio,

@MachineGames

, and will be executive produced by Todd Howard, in collaboration with

@LucasfilmGames

. It’ll be some time before we have more to reveal, but we’re very excited to share today’s news!"

Will it be any good? Will it be Xbox exclusive? Do I need a PS5 and a Xbox Series X now? :thinking:.

I can’t fully agree, I like Fallout and The Elder Scrolls games they have made (Not Fallout 76 though).

MachineGames are making it, but Wolfenstein: Youngblood wasn’t any good, so this can go both ways.

Saw that, he just had to brag about all options was ticked off :face_vomiting: :joy:.

Bethesda is crap and Todd Howard is a Liar, i have 0 confidence in this :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

7 Likes

They hated loved him, for he told the truth

I just replayed Fallout New Vegas this month and my god how good Bethesda properties can be when not in their grubby little hands :smile:

1 Like

also its a shame how they parasite from the former good name of LucasArts, they use it as a “Brand” that gets slapped on everything Star Wars and so on, no matter who developed it.

Truly Disgusting.

1 Like

What? The studio is LucasFilm Games and both LucasFilm and LucasArts stuck its name on all types of crap. I thought we wanted them to keep Lucas Arts and move away from EA (or whoever) having too much oversight

And thats fine. Still not a good Dev Studio, all their games are riddled with Bugs they wont ever fix, and let their community do their work, while Todd Howard jokes about it on Stage while wearing a Rolex and talking about his new Tesla.

4 Likes

Oh. Well they wanted LucasArts back and they got it back I guess.

1 Like

So they will still contract out the games but then they will put the Lucas Games logo on it??? Shadows of the Empire 2: the deeper shadows, is what a want to play. A totally new game where you do all the stuff you didn’t do in the first one and get to be Dash Rendar again or maybe a new game where you get to be a bad guy who works for the empire or the crime boss that game always mentioned.

1 Like

It’s so easy to pick on Beth which does work on the games and release them to great reviews and sales but not on ZeniMax, the owner and the upper suits that decide what goes and what not in the company. :man_shrugging:
Hope that the acquisition by Microsoft can take the pressure from Zeni and make games the way Beth wants to.

I call it “Public Figure Flack Syndrome” it is never the true face of the company that cops the flack. It is always the name people recognise that gets the blame even if it isn’t their fault.

That being said Todd is executive producer on his games which means it is his job to effectively manage the product and ensure the quality of said product. But he doesn’t and he fosters the flippant attitude many have towards Bethesda’s glitchy products.

3 Likes

True but The Chessmaster was executive producer on mostly RPG games. I have never played an RPG game and never say “huh, this game needs an unofficial patch”. It’s the sort of things to be expected from RPGs. The only fault with Beth is that they still use Gamebryo as the main engine since the days of Morrowind.
As for Todd, there are worse liers and oversellers out there :stuck_out_tongue:

that would have been acceptable had the writing in their rpgs been any good at all

1 Like

True but only Beth games I didn’t like the writing is Fallout 3 and 4 and Skyrim ended up the way it did was because of limitations. Witcher 3 got everyone’s attention because it was always compared to Skyrim and it’s shortcomings.

1 Like

You can get a free Steam code for Little Nightmares, from now till January 17th, courtesy of Bandai Namco.

2 Likes

Did a full SA playthrough in, well, SA for the first time ever. Not exactly all zeros but it’s been a long time since the last time so it’s justifiable. :sunglasses: A good game, the two Japan missions and Motorcade Interception are still bullshit tho.

12 Likes

Hidden Valley is legitimately infuriating. I still get nightmares of YAAAMEEEEEEEEEEE

6 Likes
4 Likes

Ah, the Joy of having Always Online Bullshit forced into a Singleplayer Game :heart_eyes: Chefs Kiss to whoever thought of this bullshit being a good Idea :kissing_heart:

10 Likes

Oh god, my worst fear: H3 launch day, I settle down with a beer to get started. IO logo appears, Hitman 3 music plays, CONNECTION ERROR

11 Likes